Halo 5 Guardians Cinematic trailer

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Talk about a useless trailer. :/ That showed absolutely nothing other than Nathan Fillion. (unless that is cut from some movie mode in game)

mzkhadir

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2003
Talk about a useless trailer. :/ That showed absolutely nothing other than Nathan Fillion. (unless that is cut from some movie mode in game)

Per Frankie, In Game assets used in CG but not the full starting movie of Guardians.

artemicion

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2004
"I figure if God can hear how scared I am, so can everyone else."

-____-

Can anyone explain to me how this piece of dialogue makes any sense?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
$400? Do you live in North Korea and had to pay to get the game smuggled in or something?

I have to buy an xbone as well

Halo is literally the only reason I end up buying these consoles. First one for H1 and 2. got the 360 when Halo 3 came out plyed ODST, reach and 4 on it, and now this

I think ive only owned 1 non halo game for any of these systems

Last edited:

artemicion

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2004

Halo is literally the only reason I end up buying these consoles. First one for H1 and 2. got the 360 when Halo 3 came out plyed ODST, reach and 4 on it, and now this

Well, if it helps Cowboom sells used XB1's for $200. Last year had some pretty kickass Black Friday sales on XB1--waiting for one of those is a good bet too.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013

All us cool kids are buying the Halo 5 LE console for $500, haha. I mean, at least this generation will let you pair Halo 5 with Halo: TMCC and get all of the campaigns (Reach is supposed to be a BC game later, allegedly). Then you can get the two Halo Wars games (first in BC someday, second next holiday season).

So, you can experience, like, 10 Halo games on the Xbox One (Spartan Assault is on there as well, and if Spartan Strike shows up, you've got 11).

Halo for YEARS.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I only play for the campaign so I don't really care what they do with a pvp mode I'll never touch.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I only play for the campaign so I don't really care what they do with a pvp mode I'll never touch.

to my knowledge, that is a lot of campaign mode in that video. i wasn't referring to multiplayer or single player in general, just the overall game.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
to my knowledge, that is a lot of campaign mode in that video. i wasn't referring to multiplayer or single player in general, just the overall game.

It looks nothing like Titanfail to me. Maybe the PvP modes will have some influence, but that v ideo didn't remind me of anything other than Halo with new paint.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
just saw this on twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh_NXwqFvHc&feature=youtu.be

the game no longer is halo of duty.

now it's more like halo'nfall ... sorry that sounds terrible. more like halo: titanfall edition. game no longer looks like halo.

So you've not watched actual gameplay, nor did you participate in the beta, so you're going to judge the game by a few clips of the casual PvP Warzone and the campaign.

I played the beta, and it's like a less-messy version of Halo 4. The maps aren't such a condensed joke, and while they've added the mantling of CoD, it fits well. You don't have self-made loadouts and Ordinance and a bunch of Armor Abilities to play with. The Arena stuff aimed at hardcore/competitive PvP is much more balanced towards a consistent setup where everyone has the same abilities and weapon starts going after power weapon spawns.

Warzone's like a mix of Big Team Battle and Spartan Ops (rather than Titanfall, which just has useless A.I. characters on the field, the A.I. in Warzone seems to be rather powerful and a meaningful aspect of the mode).