Halo 2 Vista

F1N3ST

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2006
Okay, so I find this game, I used to like playing it a lot, and I go to install it on W7, and can't start it. I tried doing full install first, uninstalling Windows Games Live, all parts of it, and tried doing it then, I get the error every time.

Live Gaming on Windows failed to initialize. This may be because another
LIVE Gaming on Windows application (such as the Halo 2 dedicated server) is
running on the same machine. Otherwise, reinstalling the game may fix this
problem.

rageguy.jpg

That is my face when this game fails to start.

I've tried almost every single thing I can find on google.

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
Gears of War was the last and only GFWL game i've purchased. What a nightmare that was.. bad memories i'd rather forget. :)

F1N3ST

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2006
Yeah, I have a headache. Uninstalled every GFWL component, every H2V component, and failed to install. It's because I had GFWL 3.2 and H2V comes with 1.0, this is the problem.

Only fix I have seen is to install H2V on a fresh copy of 7/Vista, upgrade to current GFWL AFTER installing, then copying the files.

Too much fucking bull shit for this I sware, not going to happen, just going to rage more.

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
I don't know why you guys have so much difficulty with GFWL. I find it straight forward and simple, and I like the service. PEBKAC TBH.

PS: Halo 2 is shit.

F1N3ST

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2006
I don't know why you guys have so much difficulty with GFWL. I find it straight forward and simple, and I like the service. PEBKAC TBH.

PS: Halo 2 is shit.

Obviously it's not fully compatible with a GFWL game. Obvious.

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
Instead of the GFWL logo on the box, they should instead put a picture of a big steaming pile of shit. Then at least you would know what you were getting.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I forgot to update this, but I discovered that Halo 2 wasn't installed properly - a new install, making sure it was installed into its own folder fixed my problem....

Niku

Aug 31, 2008
I have vowed never buy another game that relies on gfwl. I will make exceptions for games that require it, but allow other people to manage the most important aspects of online play, but GFWL is garbage. GTA 4 has terrible multiplayer on the PC because there is not a way to stop cheaters with out hacking and cheating your self, or just privatizing the server. Worthless.

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002
I have vowed never buy another game that relies on gfwl. I will make exceptions for games that require it, but allow other people to manage the most important aspects of online play, but GFWL is garbage. GTA 4 has terrible multiplayer on the PC because there is not a way to stop cheaters with out hacking and cheating your self, or just privatizing the server. Worthless.

GTA4 on the PC is just plain terrible. Its very tempormental especially through GFWL and crashes if I try to do anything "advanced" like pressing the home key.

I also have GTA4 through Steam and trying to use the Steam UI crashes it as well...

inspiron

Feb 6, 2010
GTA4 on the PC is just plain terrible. Its very tempormental especially through GFWL and crashes if I try to do anything "advanced" like pressing the home key.

I also have GTA4 through Steam and trying to use the Steam UI crashes it as well...
its not horrible if your computer can handle it...