Half way into June

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
90 one week - rain the next with 2' snow on the weekend upstairs.

Rafters are having a blast

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
26 years in the pacific northwest.

We're setting records this year for the number of days in a row w/ rain- there's no way you can tell me this year is typical.

*edit*
http://www.komonews.com/weather/blog/96160189.html?blog=y
there's an article/blog I read the other day on the topic.

The komo report shows we tied a couple of SHORT term records...11 days in a row "in the dry season", which the article does not expand on. It says we came close to some other records, but didn't break them, and that his analysis is incomplete because he doesn't have full enough information.

In other words, no, its not that atypical. This is Seattle we're talking about...a place with very, very non-disparate weather compared to other parts of the country. I conjecture that our standard deviation for number of days of rain in these time frames is much smaller than other places.

It being wet on and off for the large part of may/early June is really not that odd. Natives of the area like to take a small deviation and make it sound huge and irregular.