Half-height 4k graphics card?

swechsler

Sep 4, 2018
I'm looking for a graphics card for a Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF. Due to the case, requirements are as follows:
  1. Half height
  2. Single width
  3. No external power connector
  4. HDMI >= 2.0 capable (can be through a DP connector though)
Does such a card exist? it's not for gaming so there are no particular performance requirements.

In another (non-Dell) system I own, I was able to use a Radeon RX 460, but that's a double width card. All other requirements match.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125972

here's one of the answers:
Yes. This is the very best graphics card anywhere for SFF boxes. The Gigabyte GT1030 in fact is so compact that its fan/heatsink does not even block the adjacent PCIe slot so you can still have that open for additional expansion like a wireless ethernet card. Also, the 30W TDP is very friendly to lower power PSUs found in SFF systems, although I would not recommend it for any PSU lower than 200W unless you have a very miserly "U" type intel CPU that uses under 35W. With the 240W PSU in my SFF Dell 790 Optiplex i3, I have my Gigabyte GT1030 overclocked to 1650MHz which yields a full-load boost of over 1860MHz. This little card is absolutely amazing.

swechsler

Sep 4, 2018
Wow, they're still rocking DVI-DL after all these years, huh? Interesting that Nvidia's website says it's single link (although they do offer a disclaimer saying that manufacturers cards may differ).

At any rate thanks, it looks like that will fit the bill. Anyone else know of any others?

BTW, I searched Newegg several times for this sort of card and never saw this one. Not sure what I was doing wrong...

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i just noticed that there's a slot width filter, i think that's new. use that with low profile/ready and hdmi 2.0 and there's about 3 cards that remain.

swechsler

Sep 4, 2018
i just noticed that there's a slot width filter, i think that's new. use that with low profile/ready and hdmi 2.0 and there's about 3 cards that remain.
Huh, when I did that, the card you liked above didn't come up.