hair help, please...

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
I have hair that is about 5-6 inches long and very curly, the problem is that i like my hair and that it is long but when it drys its get kinda clumpy... the hair just is not loose enough, also if i grow it out a bit longer its gets puffy, too puffy. I enjoy long hair but i hate it when it either clumps or gets puffy

I'll post picture in a few...

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/634/photo29xn6.jpg

Jun 4, 2005
I'm sure there's a question in there somewhere. Let me find it.

EDIT: Conditioner? Hair straightener? Gel? HAIRSPRAY??

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
i would love to help. but since i do not have hair i have no experiance =(

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
As a man with curly hair, I'll let you know it sucks. But once you figure out how you like it there are ways around the fluffyness problem. My solution, keep it long. The length weighs it down and then gel to keep it in place. Not too crispy gel but something that adds some weight.

Some guys can get away with short curly hair and some guys can get away with long frizzed out (got shocked looking) hair.

Good luck.

EDIT: Heh... That's not curly...

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
It looks like you just need a good hair gel. With the gel, your hair will clump more, in a way that looks stylish. It won't look neglected like it does now.
Originally posted by: alfa147x
I hair that is about 5-6 inches long and very curly, the problem is that i like my hair and that it is long but when it drys its get kinda clumpy... the hair just isnt loose enough, also if i grow it out a but longer its gets puffy, too puffy. I enjoy long hair but i hate it when it either clumps or gets puffy.
Warning: Do not read the OP with a dirty mind. "5-6 inches long" "curly hair" "loose enough" "it gets puffy"...

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
i also heard people put some thing called mousse into there curly hair, what does that do??
also my i love my hair is wet it sags down and IT DOES NOT PUFF!!!

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
I look good with hair, without hair, with lots of hair.

my advice is get a straightener, LOL

i can do that once in a while but every day... its not possible

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: alfa147x
i also heard people put some thing called mousse into there curly hair, what does that do??
also my i love my hair is wet it sags down and IT DOES NOT PUFF!!!

a moose would crush you!

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Looking for a permanent fix? Go to a salon and get it straightened.

By the length of it, you can't use a flatiron yet. I really can't tell, it's a really bad picture and angle to go. After seeing how long it really is compared to your face and knowing just how thick it is I can help.

This is from probably the only guy here that actually goes to a stylist.

Oct 4, 2004
You and I have the same kind of hair. There is no hope for us. :(

The best thing I could do was keep it about 10 inches long but I got sick of that look after two years. Now that it's shorter, it has a mind of its own and just points in different directions unless I tame it with gel or hairspray.

Jun 27, 2005
Do what I do...

Find your beard trimmer
Set the rake to the #1 position
Take it all off
Never pay for another bad haircut again (PROFIT!)

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
My hair gets kinda retarded like that when it's long. I prefer to cut it short (kinda like a crew cut but a little longer). While it's short I use mousse, because it's not as stiff as gel. When my hair gets too long I don't use anything at all in it, I just form it while it's semi-dry. And then when I get tired of dealing with it, I get it cut again.

When I was younger my hair was real straight, but once I cut it short (and kept it short for awhile) it began to get wavy.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
I don't have the five hours I would have to wait for your pic to download but do whatever you want.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Juno
grow it longer.

Fuck it...let it grow...OR, shave it off...what ever look you prefer...Me, I Let it GROW!
(taken in March 07...and it's still growing, although the beard has been trimmed into a goatee...