Haha - I love all of the suckers that waited 'till the last minute for Valentine's crap

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I deliver for a small florist on occasions, and did so today. Must have got 100+ calls from people waiting until the last minute asking for deliveries today - and I got so much joy out of telling them that we woudn't (we don't take last minute orders - we had already out of our stock of flowers a few days before) :laugh:

I even got some dude offering me 100+ dollars for a dozen roses, on top of the 50 dollars we charge for a dozen :laugh:

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: TallBill
For $150 bucks, I'd pull some roses out of my ass.

Trust me - I wanted to - but we were already streched thin as it was (they are only a husand and wife team that makes the flowers). Plus - we had done a few thousand in sales, that was enough :)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
heh the local place started sending the flowers out with a card saying they were supposed to be delivered on valentines day but they were backed up. so if you forget they get blamed for it =)

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Holy crap... today is Valentine's Day?

:Q :Q :Q

Do you think I could pick up some flowers from Wal-Mart still???

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Lonyo
I laugh at all the suckers who fall for Valentines day crap.

I agree it is crap. but i want to get laid the next few months and not sleepin the doghouse.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
luckily, my gf and I spent yesterday celebrating v-day since she had to go back to school this morning. We had a great day together :)

-=bmacd=-

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Ryan
I deliver for a small florist on occasions, and did so today. Must have got 100+ calls from people waiting until the last minute asking for deliveries today - and I got so much joy out of telling them that we woudn't (we don't take last minute orders - we had already out of our stock of flowers a few days before) :laugh:

I even got some dude offering me 100+ dollars for a dozen roses, on top of the 50 dollars we charge for a dozen :laugh:
now there's a winner.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Ryan

While I agree that these people shouldn't have waiting so long to buy flowers, I don't think you should take joy in the fact that their SO's will be disappointed today :(

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Rudee
I get joy from laughing at people who deliver flowers part time for a living.

Who says I deliver flowers for a living? They're family friends, and I help them out when needed.

Jun 4, 2005
I was tempted to pick some up, realized that I didn't have $45 to spend for no particular reason. For that price, I'll grow a damn field of 'em.