HAHA. A better one.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
everyone seems to be missing the point, if the intelligence was bad, it wasn't created by Bush, it was given to him by the UN, the Brits, our own agencies, declarations Iraq made to the UN.

It was not all bad, the UN knew nothing about the mobile bio labs, but we had detailed accurate drawings. The terrorist camp was right where we claimed, and complete with WMD recipes and dispersion manuals, exactly as powell suggested, it was being used to teach WMD use. Intelligence is often murky at best, those are slam dunks in any book.

The facts remain there are still mass amounts of admitted yet unaccounted for WMD, which is why the inspections and sanctions never ended. Everyone knows this, but nobody has a clue where they are, you couldn't possibly be implying they just simply vanished?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Alistar7
everyone seems to be missing the point, if the intelligence was bad, it wasn't created by Bush, it was given to him by the UN, the Brits, our own agencies, declarations Iraq made to the UN.

It was not all bad, the UN knew nothing about the mobile bio labs, but we had detailed accurate drawings. The terrorist camp was right where we claimed, and complete with WMD recipes and dispersion manuals, exactly as powell suggested, it was being used to teach WMD use. Intelligence is often murky at best, those are slam dunks in any book.

The facts remain there are still mass amounts of admitted yet unaccounted for WMD, which is why the inspections and sanctions never ended. Everyone knows this, but nobody has a clue where they are, you couldn't possibly be implying they just simply vanished?

This is what I said:

I have no doubt that Saddam felt secure with having WMD. I also give him credit as a pretty smart dude. So I asked myself.. self how can I win in this Bush napping to be... He knew what was ahead back in Oct '02. My bet is he hid the stuff or moved it elsewhere, perhaps giving some to the terrorist groups as a friendly gesture. He had to hope he could generate enough disinterest in the UN by allowing (after a bit of huff and puff) the inspectors in and let them look to their hearts desire... and say we destroyed it ... he had to generate some proof of destruction but how... Pouring it into the Euphrates wouldn't fly so he hoped to let that one slide into a; there ain't no proof of WMD so we'll (the UN) accept that notwithstanding the absence of proof the WMD are not found and therefore, destroyed as Saddam said. He must have figured the US wouldn't invade given assurance from his buddies, France and Russia. He misjudged the invasion. But, can still beat Bush by not having the basis for the invasion in Iraq... no WMD no self defense issue... ergo ... violation of UN Charter. Article 51 not applicable if no basis exists. So he sits and waits... little else to do. Or is dead.
We've captured Dr. Bug and Germ and whomever all of whom should have an idea about Chem WMD and location. No word yet. So it seems they were either out of the loop or no new stuff developed recently. Or they ain't talking... unlikely.. given the Doors or whatever rock group is entertaining them nowadays.