Had my first Malt. It was good.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
it's like ice cream, but they mix in malt liquor and then refreeze it at colder temperatures.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: dxkj
it's like ice cream, but they mix in malt liquor and then refreeze it at colder temperatures.

In other words, its a booze-shake, but sometimes they boil the alcohol out.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
interesting. I know this restaurant isn't licenced to sell alcohol, so I guess I can assume this would be the alcohol free version. How would you describe the flavour compared to a regular milkshake?

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000

Hmm, yeah...I don't think I've ever had one with alcohol.

Yes, they are good.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Malts are not alcoholic (at least I've never seen one). They are just milkshakes made with malt mix to give them a different taste. I usually get a malt over a shake if both are available.

Feb 10, 2000
Hee hee - can you imagine what that would taste like? Malts are really tasty. I like the malted flavor. If you ever had Ovaltine as a kid, that contains malt powder, and will give you an idea of what the flavor is like. Mmmmmmmm.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
If you have had malted milk balls then imagine the same flavor in a milkshake.

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000

No. Not all liquor is alcoholic.

Liquor:
An alcoholic beverage made by distillation rather than by fermentation.
A rich broth resulting from the prolonged cooking of meat or vegetables, especially greens. Also called pot liquor.
An aqueous solution of a nonvolatile substance.
A solution, emulsion, or suspension for industrial use.

So ends lesson of the day.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Except in most cases, they use powdered malt and then just stir it in without any further cooling.

I perfer malts over shakes. In most cases a malt is just a shake with a little added flavoring. It is difficult to describe the taste - almost like weak chocholate milk but not quite. The suggestion of trying the milk balls candy is a good idea if you want to know what malt tastes like.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I can't believe anyone that is over the age of 14 has never heard of a malt before. :confused:

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: pyonir
I can't believe anyone that is over the age of 14 has never heard of a malt before. :confused:

:p we only have one restaurant in town that sells them. Being a farm boy has its disadvantages I guess.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Is the resaraunt a dumser? (SP?) and yes a malt is great but not everyone likes them. give it a try!

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Kenazo

:p we only have one restaurant in town that sells them. Being a farm boy has its disadvantages I guess.

haha.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: OverVolt
Is the resaraunt a dumser? (SP?) and yes a malt is great but not everyone likes them. give it a try!

Dumser? It's a 50's diner type thing... actually, it's about 2 years old, but it's made to look retro. Juke box and everything. :)

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Kenazo

you'd think that of anyone, a farm boy would know about them. guess not.

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
Malts are great. You should definitely get one. Like milkshakes, but better. Delicious~!