Hacking America’s Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
I was listening to this program today evening and its was scarey. Basically what they said was that there are numerous circumstantial evidences that Chinese govt is actively involved in hacking or govt system and cyber corporate espionage and that there was nothing much you can do to stop them. They discussed Nortel in details basically said that we all should be VERY concerned. A huge company was eventually shut down because of these activities, 1000s lost their jobs, today it was them, tomorrow it will be you, get ready. Program was not politically motivated, three highly qualified people discussing whats going on here, today...

Here is an article about Nortel

Last edited:

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Chinese come over to the U.S., get advanced degrees, work as contractors for companies doing subcontracting work for big projects, return home with IP, profit.

Not to mention the manufacturing of routing equipment etc has moved to China. You know they know those devices inside and out.

This was all obvious back sometime last year when China redirected a large swath of internet traffic through their infrastructure.

Alarming yes... will anything be done about it... not likely.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Red China is a De-facto enemy of the United States, not shocked about this at all.

And I feel like this latest China obsession has come up because people thought terrorism was getting a little too boring, and terrorists weren't all that good as an epic enemy to begin with.

Are there issues between China and the US? I think so. But when a trip through Wal-Mart reveals how much we buy from them, and how much they sell to us, thinking we're serious "enemies" is silly. Global competitors, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.