geek4life

Banned
Oct 24, 2004
I have about twenty hits on my firewall from him. I know exactly who he is. I'm wondering if there is any law enforcement agency in the US that takes care of things like this.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Make it your life mission to track him down. Then punch him in the face, stat.

Imagine all the people wasting time. At least you'll have a mission.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
have you ever seen that movie hackers? or that show .hack? or played that matrix game?

because that's exactly what hacking is like.

jo1

Nov 13, 2003
be more specific, what is he trying to do? is he just scanning you, if so, he's not "hacking" you

Originally posted by: geek4life
I have about twenty hits on my firewall from him. I know exactly who he is. I'm wondering if there is any law enforcement agency in the US that takes care of things like this.
Call your local police. I'm sure they'll be right out to help you. :roll:

jtusa

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2004
Originally posted by: jumpr
Originally posted by: geek4life
Call your local police. I'm sure they'll be right out to help you. :roll:

:thumbsup:

Your computer's welfare is very important to the law enforcement agencies of America.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: sonambulo
have you ever seen that movie hackers? or that show .hack? or played that matrix game?

ROFL!:)

artikk

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2004
Originally posted by: shabby
Whats your ip? I will counter hack him!

:D I doubt geek4life that there IS an law enforcement agency that takes care of hackers. If I were in your shoes i would just beef up the firewall/security, get the hacker's ip adress(if it's static) and put it on the ban list in the firewall, and hope for the best.:):thumbsup:

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: russianpower
Originally posted by: shabby
Whats your ip? I will counter hack him!

:D I doubt geek4life that there IS an law enforcement agency that takes care of hackers. If I were in your shoes i would just beef up the firewall/security, get the hacker's ip adress(if it's static) and put it on the ban list in the firewall, and hope for the best.:):thumbsup:

There are divisions of many law enforcement agencies that actually do handle computer crimes. This however is unlikely to be considered a computer crime or even show up on their radar. Your best bet would be to do a whois on his IP and contact all the email addresses that show up (abuse@, support@, service@), any email that might have a body behind it. Attach a copy of your logs and tell them you suspect this user of malicious activities toward your computer system. It is likely nothing will come of it though.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Originally posted by: sonambulo

Only a dolt would be defensive about the true definition of "hacking."