HA!!!1 this is great.... (roomie rant once again) EDIT! I DID IT!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: TallGeese
You've got it easy....

My roommate when I first moved here for graduate school was a Barbra Streisand fan.
And that just happened to be the year her 4 CD box set came out, and the damn "Prince of Tides" was released, along with its damn soundtrack.

Holy CRAP I thought I was gonna be indicted for murder fer sure!

The upside: he introduced me to my future wife.

well that wouldn't be so bad if my roomie had girls in the dorm... but since he is a homosexual... that isn't going to happen, although he does talk to his boyfriend on the net a lot... my first though you ask? "is his sn... jerboy?"... :D

Jan 9, 2002

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: stev0
Originally posted by: oLLie
Originally posted by: stev0
Originally posted by: NightFlyerGTI
Originally posted by: ElFenix
nightflyer, is that you?

:D

?

stev0 <- so lost...

Nightflyer is the master of roommate-complaint posts...

not anymore :D

/me Move over nightflyer, there is a new master in town ;) :p

you're definitely not the grand nagus of roommate-bitch threads.

gogeeta13

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
oh man hahahahahahahaha

Start calling him Jerboy, he wont have a clue, but damn will you LYAO

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: gogeeta13
oh man hahahahahahahaha

Start calling him Jerboy, he wont have a clue, but damn will you LYAO

haha! i'm going to now :D

yea he stopped playing that song after the 25th time, he's on eminem - without me right now... going on 3... good :disgust::|

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
You should be blasting Slipknot, Deftones, and Sevendust if he absolutely hates rock. Powerman, Metallica, and SOAD are low on the annoyance meter. :D

Manson and Rage could also be used VERY effectively here :)

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Radeon
You should be blasting Slipknot, Deftones, and Sevendust if he absolutely hates rock. Powerman, Metallica, and SOAD are low on the annoyance meter. :D

Manson and Rage could also be used VERY effectively here :)

HEY... i personally like deftones and sevendust, but i don't own a single slipknot song and neverwill... even that stuff gets to me.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
I like all the stuff I listed :D I just know from experience with annoying people that those tend to work more than the mainstream stuff.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Radeon
I like all the stuff I listed :D I just know from experience with annoying people that those tend to work more than the mainstream stuff.

ehh, i've switched to some trance right now.. it's a bit easier on the ears at night, he dosen't like this stuff either (stuff as in paul oakenfold - traveling, currently disc 1 but am planning on disc 2 as soon as the first one is done :) )

i usually do the deftones/tool thing during the day, he cant stand it and usually heads to the lounge... all the more reason for the kid to move, but he won't... what a dud.

FSUpaintball

Banned
Jun 12, 2001
Best way to fight back with more music:

Take an MP3 or a WAV file, cut out a 2-second clip from it (an annoying one), bring that clip into WinAmp, and just let it play on "repeat".

I hope you have earplugs.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
you know...
having a shitty roommate is suck, and i know its kinda fun to one up him (the stuff about the compaq speakers vs your klipsch was great :)), but you are living with him. and unless you're on a different calendar, are petitioning to move, or something else that will see you out of your current living situation pretty soon... you're stuck with him. having gone through my share of intolerable roommates, i can tell you the only way to survive is to make peace. and since he sounds like an idiot, it's gonna have to be you. swallowing pride is one of the hardest things to do, but the rewards are always worth it. so for your benefit, tell this fuckhead you want to be cool with him. it will save the years from your life this is taking from you :)

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
set your alarm for 720am, just to wake him up before he gets up. Thats the worst feeling in the world when you wake up only 5 minutes before your alarm was gonna go off.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Hell is living in a cramped room not much larger than a bathroom, with some stranger for 4 years.
I can understand why my brother in-law was so desperate to want to live in an apartment. :p