[H]ard|OCP Constellation Team Challenge in September

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Sorry but I'm confused, what's this about?

[H]ard|OCP team is issuing a Challenge for project Constellation.
http://aerospaceresearch.net/constellation/index.php
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=con&team=91

We are in position #7 in Formula-BOINC . It might be possible for us to climb to position #4. (League 2)
http://formula-boinc.org/projets.py?lang=en&prj=135&year=2014

From Constellation's Statistics - Top Computers - I see that their WUs pay is below average to average ... about 1% of seconds for points. (Seti is about 1.5-2% and Asteroids is ~5-10%!)
Should be a good project otherwise - I have been meaning to add it to my 100K Milestone list so I would participate :)

[H]Coleslaw

Apr 15, 2014
Yes, whomever BOINCStats shows as your teams founder would need to add the team to the list. It is real simple to do. Thanks for considering and hope to see you there. :cool:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
There is one small problem ... the Teams Founder in BoincStats is not active anymore and we have to get a new teams founder ... which would be the TAC. ;) and that will take at least a week ... :(

[H]Coleslaw

Apr 15, 2014
How does a team join a team challenge?

The founder of a team can enter a team into a challenge.

The team founder (here on BOINCstats) is the person who is founder of the team in most projects. To check who is the team founder, find your team on the profile pages and go to the profile. The founder is listed on the team profile page.

The team founder has a extra section in his BAM! menu (Team founder) and in that section he will find the Challenges. Once there everything is self explanatory.

The team founder is assigned by an automated process, he can't be set manually! If your team has a separate admin account then create a BAM! account for this admin as you would for a normal user (so same email and password). Include all projects but do not attach hosts to it or use any of the managing functions other than the team functions. It will not link to any stats, only to the team it is a member of and it will show as founder, so your team can participate in challenges.

Gathering/updating user information including founder status is done once a week during the night from Saturday to Sunday! Once a week because it's stressing the project servers.

http://boincstats.com/en/page/profile/team/90ad28bdea870b417e1d381e5c2eef90/

Last edited:

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
[H said:
Coleslaw;36710395]The team founder is assigned by an automated process, he can't be set manually!
We already have a team founder, but he is no longer crunching with us.

Can we create another BAM! account with our "separate admin account" and that will replace the first team founder?

[H]Coleslaw

Apr 15, 2014
It is based on Team Founder at the projects themselves. So, you would need to initiate Team Founder change to someone else or different account at most of your projects. Once your newly established Team Founder account has the majority of projects, it will automatically be granted the Team Founder title at BOINCStats for all projects. Some teams create an unused account and make it a BOINC-wide team account so that all new projects that turn on that feature automatically create a team and associate it with that account. Then you just give your team captains the keys to the account and make sure that more than one person has access in case someone leaves or quits.

And yes, you should create a BAM! account for it too.

Last edited:

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
[H said:
Coleslaw;36711049]So, you would need to initiate Team Founder change to someone else or different account at most of your projects.
@TAC or someone that knows
I thought TAC was TeAm Founder at most of our projects already? Do we need a TAC account at BAM before the change can happen?

We are too late for this challenge but maybe for next one?

[H]Coleslaw

Apr 15, 2014
The change occurs at each project you initiate the transfer. So someone would need to log into the new desired team founder account and initiate transfer from current founder. Then the current founder has up to 60 days to respond to it before it auto transfers.

As far as BOINCStats goes, you would also need an account for the new desired team founder. Once the new account has the most projects under its belt for that team name, it will be automatically changed to what BOINCStats uses as team founder.