Guys got any ironic stories?

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I don't know if this is irony or coincendense, but either way, it wasn't planned.

I was married on April 15th.

<----my nic

Jun 19, 2004
I won the lotto once and lost the ticket after getting hit by a car. I now atone for my past misactions by going through crazy hijinks with my white trash friends while I check off every mundane thing I ever did wrong from a list I composed.......

SirChadwick

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
One day I got married.
It rained on that day.
The end.

It's like Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain on your Wedding day!

sorry, had to blurt out some AM.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It would be so literal!

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
I won the lotto once and lost the ticket after getting hit by a car. I now atone for my past misactions by going through crazy hijinks with my white trash friends while I check off every mundane thing I ever did wrong from a list I composed.......
is your name Earl? :p

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Check out the thread about the guy who complained about the "racist" border patrol agent when he got hassled because he didn't have proper identification.

There was a lot of delicious ironing in that thread....

junkerman123

Golden Member
Jul 4, 2003
Originally posted by: moshquerade

My Name is Earl

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: moshquerade

what the!??!?!?? how'd you know.....are you stalking me again!?

loic2003

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
True story: earlier this year there were two guys in the italian alps goign skiing. They were trying to get into the telecabin (one of those huge cable cars that go all the way up a mountain on the one cable) but couldn't get on because it was full, despite their protests. So they're forced to wait for the next one. Half way up there's a catasrophic failure and the cabin falls to the ground, killing 11 people and badly injuring the rest.
So the guys are in a fair amount a shock and decide to pack up skiing and go home to their town and calm their nerves. Naturally, they call their wives and tell them all what's happened.
So they go and watch a movie to take their mind off things and boom, there's a fire half way through and the unlucky bastards perish in the flames.

Weird. Not ironic, but a bit spooky. It's as though death personified was out to get them!

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
Originally posted by: loic2003
True story: earlier this year there were two guys in the italian alps goign skiing. They were trying to get into the telecabin (one of those huge cable cars that go all the way up a mountain on the one cable) but couldn't get on because it was full, despite their protests. So they're forced to wait for the next one. Half way up there's a catasrophic failure and the cabin falls to the ground, killing 11 people and badly injuring the rest.
So the guys are in a fair amount a shock and decide to pack up skiing and go home to their town and calm their nerves. Naturally, they call their wives and tell them all what's happened.
So they go and watch a movie to take their mind off things and boom, there's a fire half way through and the unlucky bastards perish in the flames.

Weird. Not ironic, but a bit spooky. It's as though death personified was out to get them!
I think they just found the plot for Final Destination 4.

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005

Maybe Death just sprained an ankle and wasn't 100%.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I had a dream about chickens and had eggs for breakfast the following morning. OMG.... the irony!

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003

SHENS