Guy is fired by corporation - then sued for his backwages - and money alledgedly lost

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Dave, several of the most vocal conservatives on this forum are agreeing that this is stupid and a horrific abuse of contract law. Face it, no one truly believes this can be blamed on the republicans. Hell even I can't and I blame just about everything on them that pisses me off.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: zendari
People sue corporations for backwages. This is quite similar to that.

Maybe in bizzaro world.

This is nothing more then a waste of the taxpayer's money. A frivolous lawsuit brought to you by management who apprently have nothing better to do.

No wonder they are losing money, if I were them I'd relieve the payroll burden by firing a couple of lawyers. Any fool know that if you sue a begger you get a louse.

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Originally posted by: zendari
People sue corporations for backwages. This is quite similar to that.

Maybe in bizzaro world.

This is nothing more then a waste of the taxpayer's money. A frivolous lawsuit brought to you by management who apprently have nothing better to do.

No wonder they are losing money, if I were them I'd relieve the payroll burden by firing a couple of lawyers. Any fool know that if you sue a begger you get a louse.

Oh, it's definitely frivolous. But we live in a culture of frivolous lawsuits.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Another perfect example of the new Corporate Whore Nation that Republicans have built.

Enjoy

Why no blame for the lawyer(s) who developed this "creative" idea and actually filed the suit?

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Another perfect example of the new Corporate Whore Nation that Republicans have built.

Enjoy
how in the hell can you blame the existance of corporations on a single party? I know of PLENTY of very wealthy CEO's who are also very liberal democrats.

total ignorance?

Oh come on, you cant deny Republicans have brought Corporate Whoring of the Nation to a whole new level.
Neither party has a monopoly on corporate elitism. (pun intended)

they all suck the coporate teat.
Helpful hint

As for the original topic... If the guy misrepresented himself on his resume (polite talk for LYING) then he should be fired. End of story. Black-ball him if you're feeling particularly spiteful that day. But going after wages paid is wrong. And it's not like they could recover anything anyway.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
This suit is frivilous and will never see the inside of a courtroom. As just a small example of how ridiculous this suit is, if U.S. Card Partner Services were to actually win, they would then automartically be in violation of federal labor wage laws (no W-2 employee, not even a manager, can make less than minimum wage, ever). And that's just a small example, we don't really need to go into the company's own legal culpability in not properly verifying the employee's stated qualifications prior to hiring. So rot and Dave and any other moron trolls can shut up. Here in America, we have bestowed upon ourselves the right to sue anyone at anytime for any reason, whether our suits have merit or not. That's works both ways and in any other direction you could imagine. Thankfully, the courts seem to do a relative decent job of protecting us from our own lawsuit frenzies, and I am very sure they will in this case.