Guns N' Roses

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
They were in Detroit on Saturday, I wonder if Axl actually finished the entire show.

They're like a sports team...if Axl (first string) drops, Sebastian Bach (2nd) takes over.

Cobalt

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
They were in Detroit on Saturday, I wonder if Axl actually finished the entire show.

They're like a sports team...if Axl (first string) drops, Sebastian Bach (2nd) takes over.

That happened once, and there was a good reason. Yeah, he did finish the entire show, much like the other ones they played. No need to hate. :)

JasonCoder

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2005
What's it been... about 15 years since their last live performance? Not counting the odd Sunset strip new years bar that Axl shows up to.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
This is Axl and the replacements isnt it? Dizzy,izzy, Slash, Duff and Matt arent playing with this tour are they?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Dean
Originally posted by: Genx87
Here is a clip of them in Halifax last week:

Over 9000 Fans seemed very happy from what I have read.

Just doesnt have the same feel as the original.

Even if the band is only 50% of what they used to be, it is still far better than any current cr@p out there.

I think it is closer to 10% of what it used to be hehe. But I agree it is still better than most of the whiny crap that comes out of the music industry and gets plastered all across MTV.

Dean

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
hahaha. Here is another clip of the Halifax show with the trailer park boys joining in.

Text

Sep 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Genx87
Here is a clip of them in Halifax last week:

Over 9000 Fans seemed very happy from what I have read.

Just doesnt have the same feel as the original.

Even if the band is only 50% of what they used to be, it is still far better than any current cr@p out there.

Correction. The problem today is that the mass media focusses on T&A instead of tallent. I guess one good thing came out of hte 80s and early 90s. Musicians were the popular form of musical entertainment while now we have to deal with entertainers being the "musical entertainment".

Luckily, there are alot of good jam bands out there now. Antibalas, Umphrey's Mcge, etc. Helll ... down forget about Primus if you want something more aggressive! It's out htere ... to many people are mesmerized by MTV these days which is really sad.

I cought my two year old dancing to some live Trey Anastosio last week. It was the best moment of my life! I'm really trying to instill music into his life and not the crap that hte mass media brrain washes us into thinking is music.