Gun threads

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: rivan
Maybe I've missed his productive threads, but all I've ever noticed from him is trolling - it's all insults and flamebait.

That pretty much sums it up unfortunately.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: homercles337
The ATOT Gun Nuts fucking suck. They are a bunch of backwards retards. Usually from fly over red states.

No, it's better to be helpless and vulnerable to the mindless scum like the ones in Cheshire, CT who break into your home to rape your wife and daughters and burn them alive while all you got to defend your family is a baseball bat.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Silent Guy
Me rating the topic terrible bumped it down from 3 stars to 2:thumbsup:

wtf? you registered a year and a half ago and your first post is this saying you gave a thread 0 stars?

so who's second account are you?

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex

wtf? you registered a year and a half ago and your first post is this saying you gave a thread 0 stars?

haha, that's the same exact thing I was about to post. He waited that long to post in this thread?!

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001

I suppose your life is complete now. Shall we have this engraved on your tombstone?

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: FlashG
I really like them. Let?s hope they don?t make them a separate forum.
So far I?m liking the s&w 637 for cc. Anyone know the rules for Florida?

The 637 looks like a really nice piece.
I've got a 686+ that I keep at home/take to the range and I love it. (I live in IL, so no CC)

Revolvers++

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: chrisg22

haha, that's the same exact thing I was about to post. He waited that long to post in this thread?!

Silent Guy should carry on living up to his name.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: 91TTZ
The ATOT Gun Nuts fucking suck. They are a bunch of backwards retards. Usually from fly over red states.

Someone ban this guy.

Meh, everyone is entitled to their opinion...no matter how misguided they may be.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
MMM guns. Can't get enough.

Current arsenal is pretty small, but should be jumping up in the near future with the addition of a few more eastern block guns.

Right now it stands @:

AK-47
S&W M&P 9c (on my hip right now)
Kel-Tec P3AT (sitting @ the Kel-Tec factory in Florida, selling that as soon as it comes back)
Walther G-22
Mosin M91 & M39

With that said, Suck it anti's, I wish you stupid fuks would just mind your own damn business.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006

well, his name is... SILENTguy... :p

and im all for guns! i have a few myself, my ex took one when she left and my kids are learning how to handle/ shoot as well. without them in the hands of the citizens, this country is doomed.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
I would like to own a few guns someday. I want to do some target practice and go hunting. God I love venison!

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: 40Hands
I would like to own a few guns someday. I want to do some target practice and go hunting. God I love venison!

I can't wait to get my Dad's 30-06 and go hunting this year with my BIL in Wyoming.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: upsciLLion
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
EDIT: Although, I think maybe we should have an "outdoor" forum, say? It'll be filled with all sorts of fun stuff, camping, kayaking, firearms, hunting. Then, instead of coke/bruce lee/chuck norris wars, we'll have sig/hk/glock/walther wars.

I would love an outdoors forum. You guys would get tired of my fishing threads pretty quickly though. :eek:

This one time, at fish camp...

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
Originally posted by: xSauronx

wow, im glad you chimed in.

Its ok. His types are usually the first to die off if we ever actually need our firearms.

*orders another case of mre's for future zombie outbreak

EDIT: Although, I think maybe we should have an "outdoor" forum, say? It'll be filled with all sorts of fun stuff, camping, kayaking, firearms, hunting. Then, instead of coke/bruce lee/chuck norris wars, we'll have sig/hk/glock/walther wars.

EDIT2: You know, for the amount of insults he flings our way, all pretty personal and widespread, why hasn't he been banned yet?

no, the forums are split up enough as it is. i suggested a firearms forum back when they were making all the new forums but now i see that would be a bad thing. It might help lessen the posts of the anti-gun tards though.
don't want. just leave the forums alone.

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
I?ve got a single shot 20 gauge Biretta, 12 ga Remington pump, 30.06 Remington pump, old 18 gauge double barreled shotgun for duck, 22 cowboy style revolver and a WWII 9mm walthers P38? fully automatic that my uncle took off a German soldier. I wish my dad didn?t sell the Lugar in a stock. I'm afraid of the Walthers because it shoots the full magazine at once. I don't know what the German did to it but its scarry to shoot.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
I?ve got a single shot 20 gauge Biretta, 12 ga Remington pump, 30.06 Remington pump, old 18 gauge double barreled shotgun for duck, 22 cowboy style revolver and a WWII 9mm walthers P38? fully automatic that my uncle took off a German soldier. I wish my dad didn?t sell the Lugar in a stock. I'm afraid of the Walthers because it shoots the full magazine at once. I don't know what the German did to it but its scarry to shoot.

Haha neat. Just a random guess would be that the trigger might be filed/worn down. On the M1 that I used to have, there was a catch on the trigger so that even when the trigger was held, it caught the hammer when it was recocked. I would imagine that a simple filing (or just wear) so that the catch would not hold back the hammer would allow you it to double fire or fire the whole clip.

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
I was told that the lugar was a mauser. I don't know much about them but it could be holstered in a wooden stock and fired while inside the stock. No use crying over spilt milk I guess.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006

Don't let the ATF find you with that malfunctioning weapon, unless it is a registered machine gun and you paid the $200 for to have it transferred from your dad's ownership to yours. It could mean a nice stay at a PMITA federal prison if you are caught with an un-registered machinegun (even if it is a malfunction). It is sad, but there is a precedent for it.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Originally posted by: 3NF
So when are hand-held rail guns going to be available?

As soon as someone figures out how to make a power source that is not vehicle mounted to work with a rail gun that small.

upsciLLion

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Born2bwire
Originally posted by: upsciLLion

I would love an outdoors forum. You guys would get tired of my fishing threads pretty quickly though. :eek:

This one time, at fish camp...

Fishting? :Q

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
Originally posted by: adairusmc

Don't let the ATF find you with that malfunctioning weapon, unless it is a registered machine gun and you paid the $200 for to have it transferred from your dad's ownership to yours. It could mean a nice stay at a PMITA federal prison if you are caught with an un-registered machinegun (even if it is a malfunction). It is sad, but there is a precedent for it.
Now thats interesting to know. I wonder where I can get parts. I don't know if I should trust a smith.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I really like them. Let?s hope they don?t make them a separate forum.
So far I?m liking the s&w 637 for cc. Anyone know the rules for Florida?

Should be perfectly legal and a smart choice as a revolver.

If you have a real need for carrying, 5 shots may be limited.

My brother packs 7 non cambered in his sig 232, his fiancee 5 in her hammerless taurus. Most of their need was riding on motorcycles late night and having to cross seedy areas.