Gun Rights Activist Shot in Back by 4 Year Old Son

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Then it shouldn't be loaded.

I'd go even further. Then it shouldn't be there. I am in complete support of gun ownership, but a gun, whether loaded or unloaded, should never be laying around where a toddler can get a hold of it. If you have a toddler and no CC, then don't carry a gun around with you.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I don't know why it is, but I get the feeling she handed the gun to her son to play with thinking it wasn't loaded. If it's a particular type of pistol, it probably wasn't safe'd either, unless the son already knew how to work the selector.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I don't know why it is, but I get the feeling she handed the gun to her son to play with thinking it wasn't loaded. If it's a particular type of pistol, it probably wasn't safe'd either, unless the son already knew how to work the selector.

Isn't that like that guy who wanted to take a selfie with a gun but shot and killed himself? Maybe he didn't think it was loaded either.. oops!

elitejp

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2010
I love when gun nuts get accidentally shot by their own guns. Cracks me up lol

Two things that caught my attention,besides the fact that she was extremely careless.
1. Is she actually a gun activist or does she just own guns? A big difference
2. Someone who likes ANY potentially dangerous activity has a bigger chance of getting injured from that activity then others
Other titles include smoking nut dies of lung cancer from cigarettes.
Car enthusiast suffers serious injury from driving a car.
Avid skier breaks both legs while skiing.
Dog owner gets bit by own dog.
I think you get the point.
I don't see anything wrong with owning a gun. I do see it totally wrong for the gun not to be properly stored and locked. There are way too many options that allow the gun to be stored safe yet easily accessible in case of emergency need to use it now use.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Sometimes I get annoyed that I see so many kids in the backseat staring at tablets. Now when I see it, I'll think to myself 'hey, at least it isn't a loaded handgun.'

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
So now you're a "Gun Rights Activist" cuz you post on Facebook?

LMK when Wayne Lapierre accidentally shoots himself.

Fern

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
This does it! I'm convinced to irrationally fear guns and cry for moar gun control.

Because a background check on her 4 year old would have....

oh wait.

Because a waiting period before...

uh...

Because...

Eh. Just ban guns to sate my irrational fears.

elitejp

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2010
Sometimes I get annoyed that I see so many kids in the backseat staring at tablets. Now when I see it, I'll think to myself 'hey, at least it isn't a loaded handgun.'

Maybe that was the problem this time. Maybe the mother was playing with the tablet and the kid with the gun.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
would this woman's life been better if she never had guns in it?

That could potentially be the question for all of you.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
gun-loving social media activist

hotwomanisnotamused.gif

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
So now you're a "Gun Rights Activist" cuz you post on Facebook?

LMK when Wayne Lapierre accidentally shoots himself.

Fern

she ran a Facebook group called "Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense"

"This is a page to connect people that share a common goal. That goal is to protect and expand our 2nd Ammendment rights."

she was an activist, it just backfired.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Why are you assholes fighting! This is one subject we should all be able to agree on.

She is HAAAT!

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
This does it! I'm convinced to irrationally fear guns and cry for moar gun control.

Because a background check on her 4 year old would have....

oh wait.

Because a waiting period before... And

uh...

Because...

Eh. Just ban guns to sate my irrational fears.

3208D4F800000578-0-image-a-6_1457537700246.jpg

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Why are you assholes fighting! This is one subject we should all be able to agree on.

She is HAAAT!

Look there's one other thing we might all agree on. Whether you believe in gun controls or the 2nd amendment maybe we can all agree that Florida needs to be disarmed. :colbert:

:p

(Sorry Mongrel) ;)