Gun Legislation: 11-20-2003 Guns Kill, not people

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
11-20-2003 Appeals Court Reinstates Gun Lawsuit

SAN FRANCISCO - A federal appeals court Thursday reinstated a wrongful death lawsuit against the gun industry in a decision expected to re-ignite debate over legislation immunizing gun makers from being sued for crimes committed with their products.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next up, no more knives, we'll have to back to Caveman times and club our food.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Clubs can kill too, so we should ban them. We'll also need to ban fists, so everyone will have to get their hands cut off.

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
I guess miguel and dirtboy are therefore opposed to the Iraq War. Saddam merely owned WMDs. He didn't use them. Everyone should be allowed to own their own personal nuclear bomb.

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
Originally posted by: rjain
I guess miguel and dirtboy are therefore opposed to the Iraq War. Saddam merely owned WMDs. He didn't use them. Everyone should be allowed to own their own personal nuclear bomb.

Errr, kinda quick to jump to conclusions, aren't you? Guns != WMD

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Geez...this again. Why should the gun companies be held responsible for what People do with them? Are they responsible when somebody uses their product to kill? No. I could go knife somebody to death in a robbery and that would be MY fault, not hte fault of the knife maker. Also, some say that gun companies can be held responsible for guns "getting into the wrong hands". This would be the fault of said distributors if the violate laws concerning background checks/etc. If gun companies sold to distributors that were in violation of the law, then yes, they would be liable. The products that gun companies put out work as advertised - fire a projectile at a high rate of speed. We, via the second amendment, have the right to purchase and keep that product. If people use that "product" to break the law, that is thier decision, not the gun companies. Its sad, but what ever happened to personal responsibility in this country?

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: rjain

ummm...errr...okay. Interesting conclusion.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: MovingTarget
Geez...this again. Why should the gun companies be held responsible for what People do with them? Are they responsible when somebody uses their product to kill? No. I could go knife somebody to death in a robbery and that would be MY fault, not hte fault of the knife maker. Also, some say that gun companies can be held responsible for guns "getting into the wrong hands". This would be the fault of said distributors if the violate laws concerning background checks/etc. If gun companies sold to distributors that were in violation of the law, then yes, they would be liable. The products that gun companies put out work as advertised - fire a projectile at a high rate of speed. We, via the second amendment, have the right to purchase and keep that product. If people use that "product" to break the law, that is thier decision, not the gun companies. Its sad, but what ever happened to personal responsibility in this country?

the democrats happened to this country

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Genesys

I am so surprised that you would say that.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Ahhh the 9th Circuit Court.....those crazy fun judges....

Much like many, many, many, many, many of thier decisions this to will be overturned.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: feralkid

I am so surprised that you would say that.

whys that, cause its correct? i dont see republicans wanting to ban guns.

seti920

Dec 23, 2001
whys that, cause its correct? i dont see republicans wanting to ban guns.

Reagan - 1986 FOPA - bans civvie ownership of class III select fire items manufactured after may '86

Bush 41 - '89 import ban per exec order

Bush 43 - has thus far assented to BATFE re-interpreting their rules so we can no longer import barrels & certain other parts; now FAL builders are SOL.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Any real suprise here? Here we have "progressive" activist judges legislating from the bench all the while wiping their asses with our constitution.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Misnomer/. And Dean is more pro-gun than Police state Bush ever will be.

Lets look at every major crackdown on gun ownership:

In 94' the republican controlled congress passed "Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act" , which is the background-waiting period and 10 round ammo stuff. And the "Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act " aka AWB.

1972- BATF, Nixon Signed
1986- Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act and Firearms Owners' Protection Act , RR signed
1990- Crime Control Act Bush 1.00 signed.

I think it's a general trend by all to take power away from the people and rights and grow the laviathan Federal Governement. Plus crappy juries and judges.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK
Guns make killing a lot easier.

Exactly, it's known as the "great equalizer". I read stories all the time how x lady walking to teach her late college class held off 3 rapists with a little pistol in NRA pubs not covered by press TextThey only cover trageties. But they don't care about any of the constitution but for thier right to slander.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Zebo

Misnomer/. And Dean is more pro-gun than Police state Bush ever will be.

Lets look at every major crackdown on gun ownership:

In 94' the republican controlled congress passed "Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act" , which is the background-waiting period and 10 round ammo stuff. And the "Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act " aka AWB.

1972- BATF, Nixon Signed
1986- Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act and Firearms Owners' Protection Act , RR signed
1990- Crime Control Act Bush 1.00 signed.

I think it's a general trend by all to take power away from the people and rights and grow the laviathan Federal Governement. Plus crappy juries and judges.

it doesnt appear dean is "pro gun" at all. it appears he has no feelings on gun legislation