Gun Control

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I would challenge this. I think we could have a lot more fun than that examining what you define as fun. Unfortunately, for us to do that you would have to honestly be able to look at yourself and to do that we will have to examine the notion of taboo. You may find that what we will discover isn't very flattering to your self defined notion of ego:

Let's take a look at what we mean by "holy shit". What are you feeling. Well, that's the problem isn't it. You don't know because you would consider yourself to be diminished of esteem if you did, I think.

So I will have to do the analysis that I see in me for you. I make the assumption that it applies because I also believe we are all the same:

Holy Shit is an emotional high that draws its thrill by getting close to the forbidden, by experiencing vicariously, feelings you would consciously deny. The thrill comes from having a moment in which you can imagine yourself blowing 'the enemy' up as you unleash power, the vicarious feeling of destroying something evil, you wielding death to the supposedly deserving. For the moment you get to unleash the violent ape within you, experience the rush of narcotic brain chemicals within you. What you call fun is being 'the killer' triumphant over your hapless victims. You get to be the tough guy instead of your usual life as a victim of victim mentality. Now that's some real fun, a brief reprieve from your usual emotionally empty but unnatural state. This would be meaningless to you had you 'real life' were you able to love with infinite grace.

And naturally, because you don't want to hear this, you won't.

Just know that if you are ever driven to despair, the truth won't call you worthy of shame and guilt but will set you free.

This is a near universal condition of illness and we are all the same. The truth can't be kept from any who deeply need it and seek with honesty.

WTF dude? I'm sure there are things you enjoy that people don't care about. Think of it that way. You are way overthinking this.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Sex with two extremely hot women is more my style (it was great), but whatever gets you off I guess.

Not really my thing to brag on the internet to strangers about my sex life, but I've done things that would make Moonbeam go to confession.

To be clear though, I like booms. I'm not really much of a gun person - never owned one personally, but I've shot many over the years obviously being in the military. I love fireworks, and used to put on huge displays for the neighborhood. I own 2 miniature cannons that are quite fun to shoot off as well. The best thing was the MK19 though. Just crazy.

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I don't think this guy could pass fitness test.

tenor.gif
[/url]

Does he love his gun because he can't find his dick?
NOW we're on to something.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Nope. Won't work, stupid idea anyway. I'm an able bodied adult, that makes me part of the militia. Also, rights protected by the constitution don't require one to join the armed forces, that's... silly.
Hahhahaaa…...Hearing you say I`m a able bodies adult, that makes me part of the militia!! Actually it reminds me of Gomer Pyle.....but that`s OK!! I notice you did not say you were an able bodied American......hmm
Russian malitia!! Since you already state that you are not required to be a part of the US military -- You are being quite silly! Because we all know that in Russia you must serve -- Conscription in Russia is a 12-month draft, mandatory for all male citizens age 18–27, with a number of exceptions. The mandatory term of service was reduced from two years in 2007-2008. Avoiding draft is felony under Russian criminal code and punishable by up to 2 years of imprisonment.
So lets look at tghe term well regulated malitia?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
WTF dude? I'm sure there are things you enjoy that people don't care about. Think of it that way. You are way overthinking this.
Learn to read. I told you why I enjoy what you enjoy because you have no idea. The reason I can do that, isn’t from overthinking it, but from having some sense of what I feel. I am saying I know you because I know me, that we are all the same. I also said you would reject all of this and why.

I just wanted to offer you some kit with which you could really blow some shit up, the self congratulatory delusions you operate under. You deserve to have some real fun.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
I think I like this idea for urban areas--implemented at the city/municipality level.

San Jose mayor wants to require liability insurance for gun owners
https://www.axios.com/san-jose-mayo...nce-0af1883a-a801-41c5-a4e9-0433c48f835f.html

Not a bad idea, but liability insurance probably won’t cover illegal acts. I don’t know how this would pan out in the USA but here in Canada I have probably 20 million dollars of liability via my range memberships and such... it literally costs less than a dollar per million per year. Legal use is assessed as a very low risk here.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
I'm not sure I want anyone in any kind of military if their only reason for doing so is so they can own a gun. And I would hope the military actually weeds out those kinds of individuals as unfit for military service. A gun is only one tool given to a soldier to accomplish a mission.