Gun admirers ...Suggest a good gun forum to sell a shotgun

BabaBooey

Lifer
Jan 21, 2001
Well I never hunt anymore so my beloved winchester shall go to a new owner but cannot advertise on craigslist or here so do you have any preferred sites you like w/ a FS forum ?

Thanks ..

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Posting because I have been looking at these sites and want to mark for later. :p

gunbroker.com is one I have seen.

BabaBooey

Lifer
Jan 21, 2001
Originally posted by: daniel1113
thehighroad.org

Forgot I made a account there back in '05 ...:eek:

Yea I think gunbroker will be next if no love on highroad or locally.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Don't all gun sales have to go through someone with a FFL?

I thought that was a federal law.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Don't all gun sales have to go through someone with a FFL?

I thought that was a federal law.

Not always. If you sell one and end up shipping it, it has to go to an FFL. Not sure how it works for out-of-state sales/etc, but private sales to someone you know do not require an FFL to be involved (at least not up here).

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Ah, OK:

From the ATF website:
"A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector."

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Also depends on which state he is in.

Anyway, try shotgunworld as well.

You usually get better reception if I you also stay in the forum instead of just joining, and having your only 1-3 posts be in your sale thread.