Guitar Hero: Will it Blend?

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Anyone else notice it was guitar hero 3 with the guitar hero 2 guitar on the box?

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
Damn. That guy shoving down the guitar arm reminded me of that scene from 'Fargo' where the hitman shoved his partner through a woodchipper.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: mordantmonkey
now that's effective marketing. after watching the 6 bics i definitely want to buy one.

I have a Blendtec. They're actually not new, they used to be called K-Tec, but with some clever marketing they're making a comeback. I picked one up after destroying 3 blenders through normal use. It works more or less as advertised. I've only encountered 2 problems...first, it will create an air pocket if you are using frozen stuff and not enough liquid. I'm a big fan of slushie fruit drinks (virgin margaritas mainly) and if you don't pour enough liquid in, it gets an air pocket and you have to take the jar off and shake it to settle it down. The other problem is with mushy stuff; I made a crumbly topping for an apple crisp dish for Thanksgiving and it didn't blend very well because it had oats, butter, etc. So if it's really solid or really liquidy you're fine, but you might want to get a food processor for mushy-sticky type of stuff.

Other than that it's fantastic. Very powerful. Fairly noisy, but it works quickly and the noise level is about the same as other powerful blenders like the Oster models. The square jar is great for pouring because it has corners to pour out of on each side. The jar also has measurement markers on the side so you don't have to measure most ingredients before you put them in. It really can turn a jar of ice into snow in under 10 seconds - snow cone quality, no less. You can make homemade slurpies pretty easily, as well as milkshakes, smoothies, etc. It fits under your shelf and there aren't any mechnical buttons to worry about gooping up or breaking on the front. Oh there is one other problem with it, if you use it as a food processor you have to be careful not to over-blend it because it will puree foods - I've liquified apples, ham, etc. in it before on accident :D

frostedflakes

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Awesome, lol. It really is brilliant marketing, the will it blend videos have tens of millions of hits on YouTube, even if only a few percent the people who watched the videos bought a blender that's still a lot of sales. ;)

Plus I think the guy really has a blast destroying stuff. :laugh:

f4phantom2500

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Gnrslash4life
Anyone else notice it was guitar hero 3 with the guitar hero 2 guitar on the box?

They bundle GH3 with the old GH2 guitars at Wal-Mart. I bought GH3 for the PS2 there because I <3 the SG and the Kramer is a piece of crap. Plus it was $10 cheaper lol.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003

there are 2 versions of Gh3 - the wired version, which comes with that white guitar, and the wireless version, which comes with the black les paul

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: daveymark

there are 2 versions of Gh3 - the wired version, which comes with that white guitar, and the wireless version, which comes with the black les paul

Ah, I did not know that.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: frostedflakes
Awesome, lol. It really is brilliant marketing, the will it blend videos have tens of millions of hits on YouTube, even if only a few percent the people who watched the videos bought a blender that's still a lot of sales. ;)

Plus I think the guy really has a blast destroying stuff. :laugh:
I sure didn't buy one. My price range for a blender is more in the $30 or less category. :)I've got a decent Hamilton Beach blender, and it does a fine job of mixing up milkshakes, which is all I ask of it. If I ever need to blend iPods or game controllers, then I'll think of getting an upgrade.