Guitar Center one day only sale 2/18

richd111

Dec 18, 2001
I received a postcard in the mail. Guitar Center is opening its 100th store. All stores nationwide are having the following deals:

50 pack 24x cdrs, $4.99 (AR)

Buy 2 sets of electric guitar strings, get 10 sets free

Buy 1 pair of drum sticks, get 11 pairs free

Instant rebates on on all keyboards (UP TO $300)

Unfortunately, according the the postcard, you need it to get the deals. I don't know if they have them in store, or if they'll give you the deals without it. Might want to visit there and ask/befreind someone.

I also checked out the website. If you're in the Little Rock, AR area on 2/21, you can attend the 100th store grand opening party. Check out the details here

It also appears that the sale at the Little Rock store goes on all that weekend.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Nearest one is 44 miles from here :(

What's cool is, Mars Music usually has prices like that every weekend! LUV Mars....where else would they let you play a $2000 Les Paul that you have no intention on buying heehheheheh.

Dec 4, 2001
i agree
mars is better than guitar center, guitar center is way over priced.
poor selection compared to mars too, at least /w basses.
buy 2 guit. strings get 10 free does sound like quite a deal.
if thats true thats really really good. wouldnt have to buy strings for years.
thanks.

TheDingo

Sep 10, 2001
Hmm, need to check my mail for the card. Been looking for an MAudio Quattro and a small USB midi controller...

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
mars is my music store, i always buy my ish from them. i love going into their recording studio and toying around with that $5,000 mixing board :p

chibimike

Oct 13, 1999
Shame Mars is in such financial trouble.
Are they closing all their stores or just some?

mike

yellowperil

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2000
I thought Mars was owned by GC, I might be wrong though.

I found this combo amp deal: GuitarTrader.com has the Vox Cambridge 30 with tube preamp for $199 shipped. Most places are still selling it for $250 and up. I think it was discontinued by Vox.

Bluzjamer

Oct 25, 2001
Never have anything by the time I get there.....GC su_ks! Never heard of Mars....up here in R.I.
Bluz...I could use 20 new sets of strings.

pukemon

Jun 16, 2000

<< I thought Mars was owned by GC, I might be wrong though.
>>

Nope. You might be thinking of Musician's Friend (or Musician's Fiend as we call it) and Guitar Center are owned by the same parent company. Whenever Guitar Center advertises their "special" prices, they are almost always the same price as the printed or online prices from the Musician's Friend catalog.

ElGato

Dec 6, 2000
Hey Rich, any clues on how you may have gotten on their mailing list.
Maybe we can do the same, although I dunno if the card would arrive in time.

EG

yodayoda

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2001
dude, you didn't do guitar center justice--you have to type it like this:

<crazy guitar center spokesman on the radio>
FIFTY pack of 24x CDRs, $4.99 after rebate!

But 2 sets of electric guitar strings, GET TEN SETS FREE!

Buy 1 pair of drum sticks, GET ELEVEN SETS FREE

And check out our guitars, we looooooooove it when you touch the stuff

etc...
</crazy guy>

richd111

Dec 18, 2001
Heh, pretty funny yoda.

I think they got my info from a purchase I made. I don't think I filled anything out like a mailing list form.

This is the first mailer I've gotten from them, and I made the purchase about 2 months ago, so I doubt you'd get it in time.

It might be worth it to visit there b4 the sale and see if you can become buddies with someone, or if they have the postcards or other coupons in the store.

I've never been to one of their sales b4, so I don't know if they will be harda**** about the postcard.

SpeedTester

Mar 18, 2001

<< TextNever have anything by the time I get there.....GC su_ks! Never heard of Mars....up here in R.I.
Bluz...I could use 20 new sets of strings.
>>

You goto the one in North Attleboro right? Everytime I I go there they have what I'm looking for.
Sometimes you can get some great deals at Daddys Junky Music in Warwick.

mrbentley

Jul 17, 2001
Just say you forgot your postcard. If you are allready in their database you should be good to go ;)

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
My local Guitar Center will pricematch any price off the internet.

You guys do realize that Musician's Friend is their own website? Even the sku's are the same. The prices off that site are usually much cheaper than retail. Just print out the page and you're good to go.

Bluzjamer

Oct 25, 2001
Hey Speed

<< You goto the one in North Attleboro right? Everytime I I go there they have what I'm looking for. >>

Everytime I've ever gone there they are out of what I want. Trombetti's in Warwick has better deals.
I never went to Traders in Newport. I usually just grab stuff online that I need or find stuff on Ebay or in WantAdvertiser Magazine. Have a moritorium on buying gear as I have no more room in my studio.
Bluz