Guiliani: Trump's tax returns have been audited and settled

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

Whoops, there goes that excuse.

For an added bonus, he thought he'd throw in some anti-semitism:

“Look at the DAs we have now,” he continued. “We have Soros-elected anarchist DAs. They’re not there to prosecute the law. They’re there to undermined the law. He put them there.”

“I mean, why would Soros pay for DAs other than to undermine our government?” Giuliani asked.

Reactions: Aegeon

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I must be the only anti-trumper who does not care at all about his taxes.
I'm much more worried about how he's ruining America than his personal finances.

Reactions: Thump553

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I'm much more worried about how he's ruining America than his personal finances.

His tax returns could very well indicate the depth to which his corruption truly is, and how that corruption directly affects how he's ruining America. He's in deep with hostile foreign powers, owes bigly, let's see the money trail.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Lol...The 4 year audit is finally over?!....Trump himself has repeatedly claimed that the IRS has his taxes under audit continuously for at least the past four years. Maybe I’m missing something, but that seems to imply that someone at the IRS is indeed carefully examining Trump’s tax records for 4 years?

Of course, an important question is whether Trump is lying about the audit excuse. And the answer to that is: of course he is. Has anyone ever heard of the IRS taking more than four fucking years to close out an audit? I'm assuming Trump has been protecting his tax records and resulting prosecution since forever. Being “president” has only made it easier for him.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Whoops, there goes that excuse.

For an added bonus, he thought he'd throw in some anti-semitism:
Surely now he will release his tax returns and not create some new lie as to why he can’t.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

Since personal gain is probably the common reason for corruption, it seems reasonable to ask that the person wielding the most power provides access to their finances to ensure that they're above board.

How a candidate that pledges to root out corruption would want anything less than that is mind-boggling. I've been asked for far more than just tax return information just to buy a house, and that's because the bank wants to know that I'm above board, let alone someone being allowed to run a freaking country. Tax return data at the very least should be a requirement as a result of declaring their candidacy.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Since personal gain is probably the common reason for corruption, it seems reasonable to ask that the person wielding the most power provides access to their finances to ensure that they're above board.

How a candidate that pledges to root out corruption would want anything less than that is mind-boggling. I've been asked for far more than just tax return information just to buy a house, and that's because the bank wants to know that I'm above board, let alone someone being allowed to run a freaking country. Tax return data at the very least should be a requirement as a result of declaring their candidacy.

As a basic idea of good governance we should know who is paying the most powerful person in the world.

Any number of foreign governments or corrupt individuals could have been bribing the president for the last three and a half years and we would have no way of knowing it. Anyone who is not bothered by this is insane.

Reactions: dawp

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Well he has a point. Audit complete and tax adjustments made and notice how he says paid. But still not a valid reason to keep blocking it in court still.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Lol...The 4 year audit is finally over?!....Trump himself has repeatedly claimed that the IRS has his taxes under audit continuously for at least the past four years. Maybe I’m missing something, but that seems to imply that someone at the IRS is indeed carefully examining Trump’s tax records for 4 years?

Of course, an important question is whether Trump is lying about the audit excuse. And the answer to that is: of course he is. Has anyone ever heard of the IRS taking more than four fucking years to close out an audit? I'm assuming Trump has been protecting his tax records and resulting prosecution since forever. Being “president” has only made it easier for him.
Oh that's simple just have the Munchkin testify before congress about it. /s

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I guess in the end, all it took to settle the audits was for the subject of said audit becoming Head of the Executive Branch, which oversees Treasury and the IRS.

Reactions: hal2kilo

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I'm sure Trump had decent enough accountants and lawyers to help him launder all the money he's clear-as-day been laundering for his entire adult life.

So, the taxes don't really matter to me either, not really. It's like shitting yourself and being upset that there's an undigested kernel of corn in your pants.

• Haha

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Honestly I think at this time the only way to do stuff is to get him out of office, kick out all the DOJ cronies he brought in and then go after him hard , hopefully trying to out this guy in prison before he dies.

• Love
Reactions: TeeJay1952

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Honestly I think at this time the only way to do stuff is to get him out of office, kick out all the DOJ cronies he brought in and then go after him hard , hopefully trying to out this guy in prison before he dies.
Oh yes, there will be a reckoning at the DOJ.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If his tax returns were to be revealed before the November elections and it turned out he was broke ands not even a millionaire, that would be the nail in his coffin!

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Interesting comments from Mary Trump on Maddow tonight about Trump's taxes. She tells the story of how she got her old lawyer from her probate dispute to give her the 40,000 pages of Trump financial documents which she handed over to NYT. She had no idea what was in them at the time.

I think that when the tax documents are produced, there will be evidence of unknown financial crimes, or perhaps further corroboration of the crimes already addressed in the NYT piece and supporting documents she supplied.

It's a reasonable supposition that when one large cache of financial docs reveals a series of crimes within this family, that another will do more of the same.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
If his tax returns were to be revealed before the November elections and it turned out he was broke ands not even a millionaire, that would be the nail in his coffin!
Oh come on, he’s a millionaire. Just on properties alone, that’s probably over 100 million. But how far less than he boasts he’s worth is the case now.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Oh come on, he’s a millionaire. Just on properties alone, that’s probably over 100 million. But how far less than he boasts he’s worth is the case now.
How much money has he borrowed against all those properties?

Reactions: BUTCH1

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Interesting comments from Mary Trump on Maddow tonight about Trump's taxes. She tells the story of how she got her old lawyer from her probate dispute to give her the 40,000 pages of Trump financial documents which she handed over to NYT. She had no idea what was in them at the time.

I think that when the tax documents are produced, there will be evidence of unknown financial crimes, or perhaps further corroboration of the crimes already addressed in the NYT piece and supporting documents she supplied.

It's a reasonable supposition that when one large cache of financial docs reveals a series of crimes within this family, that another will do more of the same.
That's a pile of paper fourteen feet tall (40,000 X .004). I would guess there will be several thousand hours involved in just reviewing that much information.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Yes, I think any reasonable and objective person would think there is a strong likelihood that Trump’s tax returns will contain evidence of multiple crimes. I think even many Republicans would admit as much.

What’s weird is that despite knowing that the president probably committed a bunch of crimes Republicans have no interest in finding that out.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
That's a pile of paper fourteen feet tall (40,000 X .004). I would guess there will be several thousand hours involved in just reviewing that much information.

Not "will," was. NYT already reviewed them and wrote a well known investigative piece about Trump family finances based on those documents and other sources. It was 19 boxes of documents.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Yes, I think any reasonable and objective person would think there is a strong likelihood that Trump’s tax returns will contain evidence of multiple crimes. I think even many Republicans would admit as much.

What’s weird is that despite knowing that the president probably committed a bunch of crimes Republicans have no interest in finding that out.
I've herd this from a lot of different sources, and I'm honestly baffled by the concept. Why is there a "strong likelihood" that his tax returns contain evidence illegal activity? As far as I can tell, it's all innuendo and wishful thinking.
While I admit to not being a criminal, I can make a reasonable assessment of what information I'd put on my tax return if I were. I can say with absolute certainty I wouldn't list income from my criminal activity as "criminal activity".
I would also assume that Trump doesn't keep his own books or do his own taxes. I've been assured by several wealthy people that a CPA is the best second line defense against going to jail for tax evasion (not cheating is first). My guess is that Trump avails himself of that protection.
I can easily see him having income from questionable sources, but that's not a crime. Even in my little business I sometimes receive payments from third party's that have no visible connection to my clients. Just yesterday I deposited a check from a fellow in Thailand. That would be flagged in any examination of my books, but on my tax forms it's lumped into "revenue".
It's very easy to make a money trail appear sinister, it's an entirely different matter to prove criminal activity. I would bet heavy odds that Trump has engaged in some sort of illegal scheme over the years, and I'd also bet that it was extremely well covered. He may be stupid, his accountant isn't.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I've herd this from a lot of different sources, and I'm honestly baffled by the concept. Why is there a "strong likelihood" that his tax returns contain evidence illegal activity? As far as I can tell, it's all innuendo and wishful thinking.
While I admit to not being a criminal, I can make a reasonable assessment of what information I'd put on my tax return if I were. I can say with absolute certainty I wouldn't list income from my criminal activity as "criminal activity".
I would also assume that Trump doesn't keep his own books or do his own taxes. I've been assured by several wealthy people that a CPA is the best second line defense against going to jail for tax evasion (not cheating is first). My guess is that Trump avails himself of that protection.
I can easily see him having income from questionable sources, but that's not a crime. Even in my little business I sometimes receive payments from third party's that have no visible connection to my clients. Just yesterday I deposited a check from a fellow in Thailand. That would be flagged in any examination of my books, but on my tax forms it's lumped into "revenue".
It's very easy to make a money trail appear sinister, it's an entirely different matter to prove criminal activity. I would bet heavy odds that Trump has engaged in some sort of illegal scheme over the years, and I'd also bet that it was extremely well covered. He may be stupid, his accountant isn't.

Wouldn’t the fact that Trump is implicated in multiple likely crimes in the tax returns that have already been analyzed show that’s wrong?

Is your position that he was bad at hiding his criminal activity before but got better since?

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010

Happy reading, let’s put this silly argument to bed now.