Guess which Presidential candidate fried up squirrel in his popcorn popper...

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
To borrow Farang's response..

I've eaten squirrel, who the fuck cares? I've eaten horse, raccoon, opossum and skunk. Good for him.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
OP obviously eats well with a silver spoon and has no clue that some americans eat that kind of stuff.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: TheSlamma
OP obviously eats well with a silver spoon and has no clue that some americans eat that kind of stuff.

Yeah, except I'm voting for PRESIDENT, not the local scoutmaster. This idea that we want average Joes as President is an idea who's time needs to end.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Rainsford

Yeah, except I'm voting for PRESIDENT, not the local scoutmaster. This idea that we want average Joes as President is an idea who's time needs to end.

QFT. We should totally base our vote off of what the candidate has eaten. Hey, I wonder if you said that you wouldn't vote for Obama because he ate pigs feet, collard greens, or chitlins, if you would be called a racist?

BTW - Only Billary could make me vote for Huckabee, but this is just stupid.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005

Eating Squirrel automatically defaults you to a scoutmaster average joe?

Holy shit you're amazing.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: RainsfordYeah, except I'm voting for PRESIDENT, not the local scoutmaster. This idea that we want average Joes as President is an idea who's time needs to end.

All of those "non-average Joes" have done a great job, haven't they?

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: shinerburke
To borrow Farang's response..

I've eaten squirrel, who the fuck cares? I've eaten horse, raccoon, opossum and skunk. Good for him.

Skunk.. now that is a bold move. How was it?

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005

some of you need to be more open minded. Alot of cultures out there eat more than just chicken and cow and pig. And there are alot of people in this country that eat more than those foods too. Nothing wrong with trying new foods, and continuing to eat them if you like them. And nothing wrong with being inventive and using things like a popcorn popper to cook meat with. I think this actually is a testament to his creativity and ability to transcend the limits of the American culture. And if this was just a camping/hunting type experience, it is still a testament to his ability to be somewhat flexible.

I find it scary that people would hold this against a candidate.

Quite frankly, there are a host of other reasons not to vote for shmuckabee; the OP should not be one of them.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Where is TastesLikeChicken?

I feed a bunch of squirrels in my back yard every day and I could care less if Huc eats them. The Cantonese eat anything.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Damn straight, we need a select ELITE class of overlords to have complete command over our lives who live off government funds from birth.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

Damn straight, we need a select ELITE class of overlords to have complete command over our lives who live off government funds from birth.

Wow did you and pretty much everyone else totally miss the point.

I honestly don't care what people eat, whether they're running for President or not. Then again, I'm not the person who started this ridiculous discussion or continued it in such an overly serious manner. techs comment that NOT eating squirrel makes you Presidential is just as silly as the implied argument from folks like TheSlamma that eating what some non-elite Americans eat is somehow a POSITIVE. Which it might be, if I was selecting the local scoutmaster. When we're talking about Presidents, though, I like to base my decision on more weighty concerns. And quite honestly, there DOES seem to be a pretty major obsession with avoiding even the smallest hint of somehow being better than anyone else. Your comment has easily been the most ridiculous along those lines, but it's not the only one.

In other words, I don't think it's bad that he eats squirrel...I think it's absolutely ridiculous that people think it matters EITHER WAY.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
uh, ok eating them is one thing but frying them up in a popcorn maker? That's a little hick trash to me, I mean, they made microwaves and toaster ovens for a reason...

Other then that? The guy is still gay phony nut job ....

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Farang
I've eaten squirrel, who the fuck cares. I've eaten dog. Good for him.

Hehe, i have eaten both squirrel and dog also.:D

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I just thought it was funny. No offense meant to those whose cultural life includes eating rodents (are squirrels rodents?).