Guess it's officially time to grow up

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
'grats

piece of advice: the time after the baby is born can be stressful for a lot of couples, be prepared

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
welcome to the rest of your life where you will never again be able to do what you want when you want... ever

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Joemonkey
welcome to the rest of your life where you will never again be able to do what you want when you want... ever

That depends. If he has boy, he'll have someone he can go do man things with. Go fishing, play ball, ect. If he has a girl, well that's the mom's problem, Dad's in the garage fixing stuff.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005

In my situation, I'm 31 and have done so much stuff that a having child is really the next thing I want to do. I've traveled, partied, had crazy sex with a lot of women, worked a variety of interesting jobs, got educated and had plenty of years to be a bachelor and play video games. Honestly, I'm satisified with having done what I've wanted so far.

mikej007

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
Wife's pregnant with #2... we find out what the sex is in 3 weeks. I can't wait. I kind of had a feeling when she was pregnant with my son, but this time around I really have no idea.

OP, enjoy sleep and time alone with your fiancee. Once the baby comes there will be a lot less of both. :D

Congrats, it's an awesome thing.

fulltilt39

Golden Member
Aug 6, 2009
Originally posted by: nerp

In my situation, I'm 31 and have done so much stuff that a having child is really the next thing I want to do. I've traveled, partied, had crazy sex with a lot of women, worked a variety of interesting jobs, got educated and had plenty of years to be a bachelor and play video games. Honestly, I'm satisified with having done what I've wanted so far.

This. :thumbsup: I was almost 30 when I had my daughter and have never felt I missed out on ANYTHING.

And Congrats! It's the most trying yet satisfying relationship you will ever experience.

IMO, this is one of the few things left in the world that still induces (no pun intended) true WONDER. It's absolutely amazing...try to savor every minute of the pregnancy, birth, and creation of life. <sigh>

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by: funkymatt
congrats, get some good sleepin in now 'cus in 8 months you will wish you did.

This. I never knew what is was like to function on 3 hours sleep a night until after my kid.

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
Originally posted by: coldmeat
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
And you're on ATOT.

What should he be doing? Building a crib for the baby? :confused:

They "just got back" from the doctor who confirmed it, and he says he's celebrating. I think I'd be telling family and/or going to see them rather than be on ATOT.

I just thought it was funny that he was celebrating yet he was on ATOT.

we are his family.

:Q

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
Originally posted by: SacrosanctFiend
Originally posted by: Crono
Originally posted by: dbk
Originally posted by: Crono
If it's a boy (Which you hope it is): Kurono or Crono, Americanized

Congrats!

lol don't do it!

Hey, he wants his kid to be badass, doesn't he? :p

Isamu (?) means courageous or warrior. He's going to be a badass (if it's a boy).

Only if you name him Isamu Dyson ;)

way to be a nerd

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
And you're on ATOT.

She's in the kitchen cooking. I'm bored. :)

is she barefoot? :p

and congrats, kids are both the best thing to ever happen to a man, as well as the most stressful thing. especially girls.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ
So my fiancee just informed me that we're going to be having a baby. We decided to start trying last month, but had no idea that it would happen this fast. She just got back from the doctor, who confirmed the pregnancy. Needless to say, we're celebrating tonight (me with champagne, her with orange juice and sprite).

If it's a girl: Aimi (??) or Amy, Americanized.
If it's a boy (which I hope it is): Isamu (?) or Sam, Americanized.

Hm, that is fast. Suspiciously fast.

You sure she isn't pulling a fast one on ya? Got pregnant by some other dude, learned about it, came to you suddenly and said "Let's try to have a baby", then comes back a few weeks later saying "What a miracle! I'm pregnant!" to cover up her affair?

I'm just saying.

that actually happened to me at age 19. really sucked.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
As long as we are proposing names, my vote is for:

Boy: "Prime Diesel" (guaranteed to be special);

Girl: "Szechuanika Teriyaki"

Alternatively, "Yum Yum" . . . for either a girl or boy.