GTX 470 GOOD Edition

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18645/34/

Gainward
has also announced its own non-reference, dual-fan GTX 470, dubbed GTX 470 GOOD Edition.

The new Gainward GTX 470 GOOD Edition features a completely redesigned PCB for higher overclocking potential, which is also why the card is a bit longer. It sports non-reference dual-fan cooling and dual DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs.

Gainward was also a bit more informative regarding the cooler design, so we now know that it will feature a copper base paired up with 6mm copper heatpipes and cooled by dual 80mm double-ball bearing fans. The rest of the specs, that include the clocks, are the same as on reference card, so it works at 607MHz for the core, 1215MHz for shaders and 3348MHz for 1280MB of GDDR5 memory paired up with a 320-bit memory interface.

Gainward's new GTX 470 GOOD should hit the store shelves sometime in May, but the price still remains a mystery.

gainward_gtx470good_1.jpg

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
Does it actually say "GooD" on the box ? I may not be a "big" fan of NV, and ill admit that "even though I'm currently using a 9800GTX" and its time to upgrade, what could "GooD" possibly stand for ?

NIGELG

Nov 4, 2009
Does it actually say "GooD" on the box ? I may not be a "big" fan of NV, and ill admit that "even though I'm currently using a 9800GTX" and its time to upgrade, what could "GooD" possibly stand for ?
Maybe it stands for ''not too hot''??

EarthwormJim

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003

Gainward Optimized Own Design.

Seems like they were struggling a tad to find something that GOOD could stand for :D

All of these non reference coolers are still dwarfed by my el cheapo Accelero S1 that I'm using on my 8800gt. I'm curious to see what heat would be like with a truly large heatsink.

Last edited:

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
Looks like the heat from the card is no longer exhausted out the rear though?...:-(

Edit - scratch that, does exhaust out the rear...also notice 4 output ports!, wonder if that means surround (3) monitor setups?

Last edited:

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
Used to always have Gainward cards back in the GF2/GF3 days. Good stuff.

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
Are these Gainward cards available in the U.S. ? Or are they only International ? Cant seem to find info on that.

Patrick Wolf

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2005
General&

Right on. :thumbsup:

Palit has officially announced its non-reference, custom cooled GTX 470 card. The card features a non-reference cooler with two fans, but it still retains the reference clocks.

Palit's new GTX 470 works at 607MHz for the core, 1215MHz for shaders and 3348MHz for the memory. The card still has 448 stream processors, a 320-bit memory interface and 1280MB of GDDR5 memory. Another novelty is the output configuration, as Palit decided to mimic AMD with this card, so it included two Dual-link DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs.

The dual-fan cooler is up to 12 degrees cooler and around 4 dB quieter when compared to the reference cooler solution.

Unfortunately, Palit didn't announce the availability date or the price of its non-reference GTX 470.

Last edited:

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Displayport is a nice addition. Quite a few displays have it (mine does). Unfortunately I already have a GTX 295 which is already more beefy than one of these.

I also wouldn't buy a videocard unless it's from BFG/EVGA because of their lifetime warranty/upgrade path options.

Last edited:

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
should just be gainwood optimized design = GoD edition! man they just turned an excellent marketing name into a lousy one.

zerogear

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2000
Gainward Optimized Own Design.

Seems like they were struggling a tad to find something that GOOD could stand for :D

All of these non reference coolers are still dwarfed by my el cheapo Accelero S1 that I'm using on my 8800gt. I'm curious to see what heat would be like with a truly large heatsink.

Gainward Optimized Design = GOD :awe:

Matrices

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2003
Hilarious naming idea. Makes me think, "Okay, these are the good kind; the regular ones are the bad kind."

Assuming you have decent case airflow to push out the hot air, this should be quieter and cooler than the reference design.