GTA V on Intel HD530 - anyone done it?

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
My machine is more than fast enough for my needs but I like to game on occasion. My Skylake rig: i3-6100, 16GB RAM, can play CS:GO at decent settings very well. I was quite surprised, in fact.

Now I'm wondering, how does GTAV play on the same hardware? Anyone try it? I'm not interested in hearing a chorus of people telling me to get a discrete card, nor do I agree that the only way to play a game is at max settings. Somewhere, out there, someone has played the game with the same setup as me and can offer an honest assessment of how playable it is and what settings are reasonable.

That said, it seems the GFX card market is a tough bit these days. There are not real solid options in the $100-$150 space anymore, likely because integrated graphics have gotten so much better. And I'm one of those people who would never buy a $500 gfx card for one game. Even $300 is a bit much. The 750Ti and the GTX950 seem to be decent for the price because any less money and the performance is pretty dismal, it seems.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
I've seen that video. It's a few months old, though, and there might be updates to the game and I know drivers have improved since then. Plus I know nothing else about that person's machine. Do they have an SSD in that box or not?

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
I've seen that video. It's a few months old, though, and there might be updates to the game and I know drivers have improved since then. Plus I know nothing else about that person's machine. Do they have an SSD in that box or not?

You will want to have this game on ssd,it's a massive game with heaps of textures.
In more demanding places,like west vinewood, you will have quite fewer FPS.

On the other hand the game feels quite fluid even at ~25FPS.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
On the other hand the game feels quite fluid even at ~25FPS.

As someone who played the entire campaign at 20-35fps, it really isn't all that great. So many instances where it was just jarringly low framerate, especially during explosions sequences, of which there are plenty in this game.

It can be done, but you wont enjoy it nearly as much as you would with proper framerate. Would not recommend.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
Just grab a GTX 750Ti and be done with it.

http://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce...UTF8&qid=1459948299&sr=8-2&keywords=gtx+750ti

I own a 860m (similar to 750ti) with a Core i3 4130T and you'd be surprised how well it runs modern games @ med settings 1080p.

GTA V - Med settings - 1080p = pretty much 60fps, with some dips due to the CPU.

Current Intel HD grahics without eDRAM are fine for source games, Diablo 3, and MOBA's, but games like GTA V - they struggle big time.

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I played this game twice. Once on a PS3 at ~30fps with dips and once at locked 60fps on my PC. If you could get to 30fps it wouldn't be that horrible of an experience, it's still a pretty great game.