GTA 5 to look way better on PC.

Page 68 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Huh, best I could tell, this was the main GTA thread on AT, coulda sworn there was another but search not working to well I guess.

Anyways.. is it me or is rockstar changing the music up every couple of content patches? It seems like every 2-3 months I fire the game up, there is new music to be heard.

Also it seems like something changed recently with reflections. I'm not sure if a new one was added or an old one was nerfed to increase performance, but I notice on many large buildings that they exhibit the "cheap skybox" reflection effect, they are reflecting a single texture thats wrapped around it (invisible to player) that is static, instead of using actual world reflection. This cheap method looks bad cause the slightest camera angle change makes the reflection change wildly. I'm thinking this mirror effect is new and not a change but either way it is never mentioned in a patch notes.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Finally bought Grand Theft Auto 5.
Took my beautiful custom Phoenix for a swim.
It looks nice at the bottom of the reservoir.
Now how do I get it out?

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Been waiting to buy this for sooooo long. I swear the next steam sale I'll snag it. I finally have the hardware to play it for real. :)

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Eh, the mods would have to be pretty extreme for me to buy GTA V for another platform. I own it on the PS3 and the game just isn't fun when compared to other GTA games. Rockstar went out of their way to remove as many fun aspects as possible and tried to replace them with faux-realism which just fell short. Standing still on the street will get you attacked and if you defend yourself, the cops get called. People will randomly start shooting you and if you shoot back, the cops get called. Walking too close to someone or their vehicle will cause them to either attack you outright or they will simply call the cops on you. When the cops are on your tail, no matter what you're driving, the cops will always be faster and be able to ram you off the road (had two cops bring my Rhino to a complete stop on the freeway just by boxing me in and slowing down).

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
My kid and his friends still play a lot on the console (he never got them to convert to PC, and hackers are a dime a dozen)
They constantly release new content and have promotions so they keep it pretty fresh.
It's just a good mindless -- kill anything you want game