Gta 5 dvd not working

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
enter your CD key on steam, I dont think the physical disk contains anything really anyway.

escrow4

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2013
enter your CD key on steam, I dont think the physical disk contains anything really anyway.

It contains 55GB and then you need another 5GB from Rockstar plus another 2GB or so for recent patches. Waste of time. Rubbish game. Rockstar sold out to multiplayer.

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
The box version of gta5 does not have a key that doubles as a steam key. Ditto with gta4.

If your dvd drive does not work with it then I suggest getting a new one. Your is clearly defective and you can get a great liteon dvdrw for ~$15 on sale.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013

So, they give the user MULTIPLE discs that contain nothing?

As for the actual OP, if you're able to just download the game, log into R* Social Club and redeem it from there.

If I recall, the physical edition only connects to R* Social Club, and not Steam. Sign in, click the gear, game downloads, use rockstar code.

Or, at the end of the day, a new DVD drive is like $20. And that's for a good one.

Chocu1a

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2009
Are we sure the OP purchased a legit copy? Could be black market? No info on where OP is even from.
Does the dvd drive read other disks?

Last edited:

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
My dvd drive is all fine ...and can anyone tell me what is the benefit of registering the cd key on steam? briefly ..I got from ebay will i be able to get refund or something from them? I have already applied for claim .

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Is it a DVD or a Blu-ray disc? the PC disc version should have 7 discs. Can any of the discs be read?

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
So, giving up on OP.

Enough people have said that it can't be registered on Steam already. Bought a [physical copy of] PC game off ebay. They are likely just coasters anyway.

And if it's a blu-ray, OP payed for pirate material.

It's just too much.