GRRRRR!!!! When did AT start using pop-ups??

shekondar

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
The animated ads on the side of the screen are bad enough, but now AT is using pop-up ads???:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
It's all anand's fault!

Ok, everybody click on a banner ad 100x to make him happy!

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
who the hell is running this forum? Why would you smother this site with ads WHILE getting rid of the suscriber edition. Not that I was a suscriber, there seemed to be enough people to keep this site up and running for a long time. Seems like piss poor decisions are bein made around here.

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
I'd like to think that this is just temporary.

Several times in the past the ad servers would start generating popups and AT would take care of it. We'll see if that's the case this time.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
I wonder how they expect get valid data from that suvery in the pop-up with everyone so hostile against it?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Bootprint
I wonder how they expect get valid data from that suvery in the pop-up with everyone so hostile against it?
The "survey" is probably just a marketing scam, to collect and sell personal data. It might even be one of the ones that has fine print in it somewhere that has you agree that it's OK to telemarket you despite being on the do-not-call list.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
some of us on IE6 use the google toolbar which blocks popups
and a modified hosts file, which probably blocks it too and that nice ad on the left to boot.

ErmanC

Oct 25, 2001
"I'm mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore"....

At least when I close the blasted thing the first time, it shouldn't open back up again. I mean geez, how annoying...

I thought AT had higher standards than that, but I guess I was wrong....