Growing up in the sixties and seventies

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Sorry for the late reply, finally able to get onto the forum. Alas, your response was completely lackluster. A whataboutism coupled with a "I know you are but what am I?". Absolutely tremendous, the best, extremely good, great even, really, really great self reflection, and the best morals. Absolutely the best.

Fuck off you narc.

Actually there are many who believe terrorism today is directly related to European imperialism of the 19th century. For example, the writer linked in the article below.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion...t-terrorism/GSaZbcZuqXtbRE9CiwWPcO/story.html

Nov 30, 2006
I grew up during the 60s in a very poor neighborhood of LA that was predominately black. My mother gave me Black Like Me when I was old enough to read an adult book. I'll never forget reading that book and the impact it had on me. Definitely recommended reading. I highly doubt racism will ever die...but I will say that overt racism has definitely diminished greatly during my lifetime.

Reactions: imported_tajmahal

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I grew up during the 60s in a very poor neighborhood of LA that was predominately black. My mother gave me Black Like Me when I was old enough to read an adult book. I'll never forget reading that book and the impact it had on me. Definitely recommended reading. I highly doubt racism will ever die...but I will say that overt racism has definitely diminished greatly during my lifetime.

I'll agree with that. OTOH, Jim Crow has been on a comeback tour of sorts & well received in places like the N Carolina legislature. He's the man behind the curtain when it comes to illegals, as well.

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
Yep less than it was in the 60's 70's but tribes will persist always, its part of human defence hard wiring. Attitudes can change though, but it takes about 60 yrs or 3 generations. Grandparents influence you some, your parents a lot, and your immediate peer group the most as to your world view.