Grilled Cheese and Cubans on a George Forman?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
I was thinking of picking up a sandwich grill or sandwich press, but then got to thinking, couldnt i use use my trusty george for this?

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
You've come to the right place, I am an expert on such things :)...just butter the bread up, toss it on there, and let it sit for a good 10 minutes, and BAM, you got grilled cheese.

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
im going to be getting one of those George Forman grills on monday mainly for melting cheese in toast .. YUM YUM

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: sniperruff
you have the foreman already. why not try it?

Didnt wanna hurt george, ya know, he's sensitive.

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: aphex

heh.

if i were you, i'd probably try toasting a hotpocket or something... do all sorts of crazy crap on it... fry some rice in it? haha.

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Originally posted by: aphex

heh.

if i were you, i'd probably try toasting a hotpocket or something... do all sorts of crazy crap on it... fry some rice in it? haha.

while you're at it why not try some ice cream :p

axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I've found that grilled cheese on the Forman Grill isn't as good as the ones made on the pan. It crushes the bread and makes the sandwich feel thin.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
My girlfriend tried making us grilled cheese sandwiches in the George Foreman grill once. They were more like cheese pancakes as the weight of the lid squashed the bread. She insisted there should be a way to cook both sides without squashing the bread. She hasn't found the solution yet, so in the meantime, it's grilled cheese pancakes. By the way, put a slice of bologne in the sandwich with the cheese, it makes it 100% better.

QuitBanningMe

Banned
Mar 2, 2005
Originally posted by: axelfox
I've found that grilled cheese on the Forman Grill isn't as good as the ones made on the pan. It crushes the bread and makes the sandwich feel thin.

:confused: This is the way I make it in a pan.