Grey Album?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Okay okay ppl I don't want this locked because of these explicit warez references; PIRATES! ALL OF YE

:cool:

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
God Damn, this is some good sh!t. I thought it would be sacreligous, but this is tight.

Tetsuo

Lifer
Oct 20, 2002
With all the people saying they are downloading it, have they been banned?

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Tetsuo
With all the people saying they are downloading it, have they been banned?

I'm kinda sketchy about the legality of downloading it vs. buying it.. I mean, it's a bootleg.. It's infringing on copyrights and it's not released by a major label.. It's really something that kids trade and download, I think..

Trevelyan

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2000
interesting... really wanna hear it.

I kinda like the black album... what's the best Jay-Z album?

anxman69

Jun 27, 2001
I've listened to it. It sounds like a really cool idea in concept, but I don't think it works. The genres are just too different, and it comes out sounding .... blah.

Worth a listen though. I know some people that really like it.

-Ankur

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Trevelyan
interesting... really wanna hear it.

I kinda like the black album... what's the best Jay-Z album?

All of them. :)

My personal favorite is the Blueprint, however.

Just got it. It sounds like something I could do in an hour in GarageBand. The Beastie Boys sampled The Beatles better on Paul's Boutique.

Good concept on paper but flops in implementation.

Liviathan

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2001
Been listening to it for the last week...I highly recommend if you are a fan of either artist.

Trevelyan

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2000
Anyone got another place to get this CD from, or is anyone selling it (even better)?

I would love to get my hands on this, but some of those stores look kinda shady.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Just got it and listened to the whole album. I don't think it's great, but it's pretty good

damiano

Platinum Member
May 29, 2002
It's been withdrawn from sale today as EMI (the record producer of the beatles complained they did not purchase rights to the song of the beattles)

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Yeah, I read about this a month or so ago, totally forgot to look for it...anybody have a good rls of it that they want to share? PM me, I'd like to take a listen to this thing, since I'll be at work til 9 tonight. bah.

thawolfman

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Wow - This is awesome!

Saw something about it on TV, and then seeing it on Yahoo! I figured I'd check it out...

Hot sh!t! :Q :D :)

-Ben-

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: yakko
I am not a big fan of Jay-Z but this is a pretty good mix.

Grey tuesday just passed too.
http://greytuesday.org/

HOLY CRAP! It's yakko!!!!!! :Q

I'm not that big of a fan of Jay-Z either...but i liked it as well. Grey Tuesday was a pretty big success, so far it seems.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: damiano
It's been withdrawn from sale today as EMI (the record producer of the beatles complained they did not purchase rights to the song of the beattles)
Just got the album today from Turntablelab. :)
But I left it at the office, so I can't listen to it. :(