Greta Thunberg: Snowflake or New Leader

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Like you expect him to be honorable? Seriously?

I'm not engaging him. Merely exposing his spreading of bullshit and then watch him shit the bed trying to argue against basic fact.
Of course I don't. I expect him to sit there and get criticized repeatedly for spreading falsehoods and ridiculous statements. I expect him to be called out on his bullshit repeatedly for everyone else to see. I expect him to get defensive and feel slighted and feel denigrated and I expect it all to form a feedback loop that makes him feel even more isolated and even more like he should dig in his heels more to support the 'side' that approves of him. I then expect him to eventually watch as his house of straw falls the fuck apart around him, and I expect him to blame that on everyone but himself.

But no, I do not expect him to be honorable.

Jul 9, 2009
As I thought, the Church of Sweden made the proclamation and it makes no difference what so ever that it was made in 2018 or 2019. Confused makes the attempt to portray my post as false when it was accurate. Now he doesn't have the cojones to engage and say that "Yes, the Church of Sweden named Greta a Successor to Jesus Christ"

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
As I thought, the Church of Sweden made the proclamation and it makes no difference what so ever that it was made in 2018 or 2019. Confused makes the attempt to portray my post as false when it was accurate. Now he doesn't have the cojones to engage and say that "Yes, the Church of Sweden named Greta a Successor to Jesus Christ"
Sorry what's that coward? Can't hear you over the sound of you not acknowledging your own failings. Now that you're wrong, it 'doesn't matter'. Does that apply to everything in your life or just when you're attempting to shit on people but get it on your own shoes instead?

Reactions: feralkid

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Like I said, ask a Swede. (Hint, this is how they say someone is "christlike.") But keep going with the year late conspiratard websites and a bad google translation. LOL

A year late and an accurate translation short. Science denialists are fucking stupid. You're in the same company as chemtrailers, anti-vaxxers and flat earthers.

Jul 9, 2009
Like I said, ask a Swede. (Hint, this is how they say someone is "christlike.") But keep going with the year late conspiratard websites and a bad google translation. LOL

A year late and an accurate translation short. Science denialists are fucking stupid. You're in the same company as chemtrailers, anti-vaxxers and flat earthers.
Run away little boy, run away.

Feb 4, 2009
I have a feeling this is just something that doesn’t translate well sort of like if I said.
Jesus told us to help the less fortunate and Amused is doing that like Jesus would.
I didn’t say Amused is Jesus but I can imagine it translating into some other language like I said Amused is Jesus.

So a few things to note.
I do not speak Swedish, I am not a language expert, I do feel she is not the right spokesperson, I do think some people are way too worked up about her on #bothsides!

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
She explained it in the very first sentences of her speech to the U.N. General Assembly.

She is saying she "should be back in school on the other side of the ocean" but jackass climate change deniers like you gave her no choice but to speak up. Get it? Greedy ignorant assholes have stolen her childhood by forcing her to do this instead.
That's what is known as a "profile in courage"

tldr:
Without jackasses like you, none of this would have been necessary.

Can you really be so dense not to have picked that up?

so much fail its sad. If she was serious why is she not in china wearing a mask due to pollution the press would get a lot of mileage out of that picture or how about she go to India picking up trash along the river ways and campaign for clean emission laws for industrial and automobiles. seems she spends her time away from school in western countries that have already made huge efforts in cleaning shit up.

Feb 4, 2009
so much fail its sad. If she was serious why is she not in china wearing a mask due to pollution the press would get a lot of mileage out of that picture or how about she go to India picking up trash along the river ways and campaign for clean emission laws for industrial and automobiles. seems she spends her time away from school in western countries that have already made huge efforts in cleaning shit up.

Triggered see post #182

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Is this true that Russia just ratified the Paris Climate Accord? lol

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
The meeting she was attending was in the US. Why would she go to China instead?

Reactions: sandorski
Jul 9, 2009
Awww, upset you look so stupid? And to think, I gave up 20 years of my life defending your right to be a blithering fucking idiot.
Thanks buddy, i'm glad you fought for your right to wear spandex and take steroids and do a cutesy pose on a bicycle. BTW how is your little peaceful S.A. doing?

Nov 25, 2013
Did or did not the Church of Sweden declare Greta a "successor of Christ" ?
A yes or no. Even a lying piece of shit like you or Confused can answer it.

You're the one claiming it's true. Find us an official statement by the Church of Sweden that this happened and when. Otherwise, better find some new propaganda.

Nov 25, 2013

Prove it. Provide us with an official statement from the Church or climb back in your drawer.

Nov 25, 2013

One imagines that she was not in China because the UN is in New York and she was invited to speak to the UN. Perhaps China will come in the future but one doubts that Emperor Pooh will let her in the country.

As for the rest, really, you need better training for this propaganda gig of yours. You don't seem to be very good at it.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Thanks buddy, i'm glad you fought for your right to wear spandex and take steroids and do a cutesy pose on a bicycle. BTW how is your little peaceful S.A. doing?

This is how the typical conservative treats actual veterans. Proving all the "vets before refugees" memes to be bullshit.
You can't even show enough respect to admit you were wrong.
I've never taken steroids. That is an accusation stick boys like you make because you're too lazy to actually take care of your pathetic body.
S.A. is doing OK despite the white supremacist propaganda you read on a daily basis.

You are doing much worse. At least South Africa can go a day without shitting the bed. You can't seem to.

Reactions: Homerboy
Feb 4, 2009
This is how the typical conservative treats actual veterans. Proving all the "vets before refugees" memes to be bullshit.
I've never taken steroids. That is an accusation stick boys like you make because you're too lazy to actually take care of your pathetic body.
S.A. is doing OK despite the white supremacist propaganda you read on a daily basis.

You are doing much worse. At least South Africa can go a day without shitting the bed. You can't seem to.

BTW you are one of the few guys who can get away with wearing spandex
I envy the shape you are in

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Lift three/four days a week and have an active lifestyle.

The problem with geeks and fitness is we WAY overthink it. Bodybuilding is exceedingly simple. Just not easy.

Minimum sets (2-3), reps(6-8) and days(3-4 each on a body part once a week), maximum intensity. Compound lifts only, few if any isolation lifts. It's not about how MUCH you do, it's about how HARD you push it when you do it. That is what makes the muscle respond and grow. Intensity is the one unforgiving aspect of muscle building.

I got this body from 4 hours a week lifting. That's it.

Feb 4, 2009
Lift three/four days a week and have an active lifestyle.

The problem with geeks and fitness is we WAY overthink it. Bodybuilding is exceedingly simple. Just not easy.

Minimum sets (2-3), reps(6-8) and days(3-4 each on a body part once a week), maximum intensity. Compound lifts only, few if any isolation lifts. It's not about how MUCH you do, it's about how HARD you push it when you do it. That is what makes the muscle respond and grow. Intensity is the one unforgiving aspect of muscle building.

I got this body from 4 hours a week lifting. That's it.
Wife does something similar but it’s regarding fitness not strenght. She plans runs or walks or sometimes hikes sticks with that a few times per week. She’s in good shape, I’m the guy who just has trouble finding motivation to do it consistently

Jul 9, 2009

I wasn't wrong, you called me out for stating Greta was being called a successor to Jesus Christ, as she was by that church. Poor lil Abused is just angry i made fun of her.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Wife does something similar but it’s regarding fitness not strenght. She plans runs or walks or sometimes hikes sticks with that a few times per week. She’s in good shape, I’m the guy who just has trouble finding motivation to do it consistently

My motivation is/was my father's type 2 diabetes and early death at 59 years old. By the time he realized being overweight was hurting him, his feet and knees went... and he was fucked.

Get to the gym 3 days a week. That's all you have to do. Go. Getting there is 90% of the battle. Just show up. Do it first thing every day before anything else.

Mar 11, 2004
So, we apparently need to study this girl, as she seemingly has some power that could prove beneficial in an unstable climate. She seems to have some sort of snowflake attractor, judging by how the snowflake right wingers are falling over themselves to try and trash her because she upset their delicate sensibilities. Just imagine if she'd cussed while doing it! Oh boy, then Frothy the Slowman would have his stick arms up in the air.

*Looks at username, sees it checks out*