Greeting Card software

tinpanalley

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
Does anyone happen to know of greeting card software that lets you use any card stock type you want? I've been using the Hallmark software for years but it really only wants to print to its own card stock which is hard to get and only comes in a folded 8.5 X 11 size. It can sometimes be too big for a greeting card.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Reactions: amywhite

tinpanalley

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
I dont think I get this Canva program. I need something that works on a desktop that allows me to do design editing and print to card stock at home.

Reactions: stevewade

tinpanalley

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
Thanks everyone.
What I like about the Hallmark software I have is that it comes with a massive Hallmark clipart and design elements database in the software to make cards with very high quality elements. And it will print to anything you want, I've now come to find out, but only in 8.5X11 sizes which is nice sometimes, but other times like for Christmas cards, you only want a smaller card. But Hallmark makes card stock for the software that is creased and works really well and comes with matching envelopes. But the card stock is hard to get and I thought, why couldn't I use simple matted photo paper stock and find envelopes that fit for any size I want to print? OR really any other card stock for that matter as long as doesn't get jammed in my inkjet. (Need to figure out, on another note what the thickest card stock is that fits in my printer - Canon Pixma IP7220)

Micrornd

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2013
Thanks everyone.
What I like about the Hallmark software I have is that it comes with a massive Hallmark clipart and design elements database in the software to make cards with very high quality elements. And it will print to anything you want, I've now come to find out, but only in 8.5X11 sizes which is nice sometimes, but other times like for Christmas cards, you only want a smaller card. But Hallmark makes card stock for the software that is creased and works really well and comes with matching envelopes. But the card stock is hard to get and I thought, why couldn't I use simple matted photo paper stock and find envelopes that fit for any size I want to print? OR really any other card stock for that matter as long as doesn't get jammed in my inkjet. (Need to figure out, on another note what the thickest card stock is that fits in my printer - Canon Pixma IP7220)

I'm not understanding. I get my wife Hallmark Card Studio Deluxe every year since 2004. She prints on card stock , Photo Paper, Regular Paper, just basically any thing that goes through the printer.
She prints cards in 8.5 x 11, 4 x6, basically any size, as unfolded (full size), half fold and quarter fold on one or both sides.

The sizes available for printing are on the drop down menu when you select print after selecting (or making) a card and they are determined by what your printer will do, not by the program. The program will print to anything the printer "says" it is capable of printing.
For instance our Canon MP830 will print single sided, both sided, even to CDs or DVDs, in all US and Euro sizes, including specialty Hallmark and Avery papers/cardstocks and all are available for use in all the Hallmark card Studio DeLuxes we have from 2004-2019 inclusive.

Either you haven't fully explored the programs capabilities or your printer is not communicating it's capabilities to the program properly.
That is a very nice printer that should print cards to all US and some Euro sizes on 17-28# paper/stock according to it's owner's manual.
Did you install the Canon drivers and software for that printer, that may help ?

Hope that helps/