Discussion Greentoe experience

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Just sharing my experience, got an A7III for $1700 (shipping and taxes included).

Posted my offer on the 18th, sort of on a whim. Was planning on just getting one from Amazon. Got a couple offers back, one for 1850. Then I saw that the $1700 offer was accepted.

Got an email on Tuesday that it shipped, arrived earlier today. All good, would probably try Greentoe again.

Reactions: gradoman

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
very interesting. no grey market as stated on the front page. https://www.greentoe.com/
will have to try this next time getting a drone, once somebody here buys my older gen Phantom 3 .
thanks for the FYI

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
very interesting. no grey market as stated on the front page. https://www.greentoe.com/
will have to try this next time getting a drone, once somebody here buys my older gen Phantom 3 .
thanks for the FYI
Do some googling and read some of the threads at fredmiranda. Some people have shared some mixed experiences. Mine was fine but YMMV. And of course the whole time I was worried I'd have some PITA thing to deal with because of the stuff I read. :D

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
im on fredmiranda a lot looking for deals from the used forum!
now, im curious how greentoe works....

Feb 10, 2000
Interesting. I would try it but for the fact that my wife works for Best Buy - the discounts are a good deal and I want to patronize her company. My D600 setup was recently stolen so I am starting fresh with an A7iii-based system. Initially I'm going to try the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 with a Samyang 24mm f/2.8 and Sony 50mm f/1/8. If I don't like the Tamron I will try the Sony 24-105mm f/4. I anticipate ultimately getting an 85mm prime and a longer telephoto solution as well but am holding for now.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Interesting. I would try it but for the fact that my wife works for Best Buy - the discounts are a good deal and I want to patronize her company. My D600 setup was recently stolen so I am starting fresh with an A7iii-based system.
A7iii is awesome, I don't think you'd be disappointed. Sucks about the stolen gear! A friend of mine is changing systems after his house was robbed. Bummer of a reason to end up doing so.

Feb 10, 2000
A7iii is awesome, I don't think you'd be disappointed. Sucks about the stolen gear! A friend of mine is changing systems after his house was robbed. Bummer of a reason to end up doing so.

Yeah it was a bummer but at least the theft was from my office rather than my home. With my wife's discount and USAA for insurance, I can largely replace the whole setup with new Sony stuff even after my $2K deductible. I was fine with my D600 but I have to think the Sony will blow my skirt up.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Yeah it was a bummer but at least the theft was from my office rather than my home. With my wife's discount and USAA for insurance, I can largely replace the whole setup with new Sony stuff even after my $2K deductible. I was fine with my D600 but I have to think the Sony will blow my skirt up.
Tamron 28-75 is great, I had the 24-70/4 but returned it. Missed 2.8 more than expected along with other issues. I miss 24mm on the zoom, but not worth paying the premium for the GM lens and have plenty of wide primes around. They raised the price on the Tamron but still worth it I think.

Greentoe was fine but if I had a connection that could get me a discount I think I would go that route even if there is a small price premium. Greentoe saved me around 400 bucks.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Just got an AD200 for 265. I don't know if that's a good Greentoe price, but I'll take it. Again, fulfilled by major retailer.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Just got my AD200. Everything looks brand new, etc. Won't get to mess with it until tonight.

I wish I were at home. I think I ended up with some nice extras: gels and either a grid or the barn door. Not bad.

Last edited: