green beer

JoPh

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
would u say the easiet way to make your own green beer is just to add like blue food coloring for the beer?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: JoPh
would u say the easiet way to make your own green beer is just to add like blue food coloring for the beer?

No. Take several pieces of grass and mass them with a mortar. Extract the chlorophyll using a syringe and inject it into your beer.

JoPh

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
Originally posted by: minendo

No. Take several pieces of grass and mass them with a mortar. Extract the chlorophyll using a syringe and inject it into your beer.

rolleye.gif

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

agreed. Green beer is toxic.

You can't dye Guinness anyway...

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Soylent Beer is made of people! Soylent Beer is made of people!

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001

rolleye.gif

Funny, that is my reaction to the idea of green beer.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir

You can dye Guinness anyway...

With what? You'd end up at double digits for the percentage of dye in the mixture before you could make it remotely green.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Mookow

With what? You'd end up at double digits for the percentage of dye in the mixture before you could make it remotely green.

Oops..it was supposed to be CAN'T. :eek: typo

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

you had a few already? ;)

TubStain

Apr 19, 2001
A local bar here in michigan has green beer on st patty's day. It doesnt taste much different from your average beer.

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade

you had a few already? ;)

Ahh, happy saint patricks day everyone!

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: TubStain
A local bar here in michigan has green beer on st patty's day. It doesnt taste much different from your average beer.

That's because it is regular beer. Plus some food coloring.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
lol...

None yet. I will tonight though. Gonna meet up with vi_edit and his wife for dinner and a couple Guinness or Smithwicks. :D

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
lol...

None yet. I will tonight though. Gonna meet up with vi_edit and his wife for dinner and a couple Guinness or Smithwicks. :D

WhereTF do you get Smithwick's from? I cant find any here in Ohio.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
put some ice in a glass. pour hypnotiq in, then pour a cognac in there. there ya go, festive green st. patty's day drink (normally called an 'incredible hulk)! cheers! :wine:

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
WhereTF do you get Smithwick's from? I cant find any here in Ohio.

I only know of a couple places that have it for sure here in Arizona. I'm not sure if other Irish pubs have it here, i haven't checked. They just started importing it into the US sometime in February, so it might take some time. I'm really not sure.

JoPh

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
Originally posted by: anxi80
put some ice in a glass. pour hypnotiq in, then pour a cognac in there. there ya go, festive green st. patty's day drink (normally called an 'incredible hulk)! cheers! :wine:

hypnotiq is awful.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: anxi80
hypnotiq is awful.
different strokes for different folks.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

You can't dye Guinness anyway...

You can get the head greenish. It's just that people that drink Guinness have good enough taste to not even try. Green beer is for the guys that don't know any better and who'll drink anything, even Bud.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt

You can get the head greenish. It's just that people that drink Guinness have good enough taste to not even try. Green beer is for the guys that don't know any better and who'll drink anything, even Bud.

True. I guess if i was ever in a bar that dyed my Guinness head green, i'd demand my money back and never enter that bar again.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Jzero
But you can put "stamps" in the head of a guiness.

yep. Get those all the time. the best was I went in for a pint on easter, and the bartender put a bunny on the head of my Guinness. :D