greatest movie you've never seen?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Lots of great movies, I really need to go rent some or borrow them from friends...

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'll give you a recommendation that includes the word "great" ...

"The Great Escape"

Based on a true WWII story, and has a superb, all-star cast, including 'da Man, Steve McQueen !

I'd also recommend Kurosawa's "The Seven Samurai" because it influenced so many others.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Easily The Godfather for me ... I watched like half of it but didn't finish it cause the print I saw was so bad.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Dimmu
Originally posted by: Quintox
I've never seen Godfather either, though the game is amazing.

Seriously? You guys that haven't seen it really need to watch one and two, stat. But do yourselves a favor and pass and three... *shudder*

i've never seen them either. not a big fan of gangster movies.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Greatest? I don't know. I like various movies for different reasons.

- Little Shop of Horrors - Amusing, with snappy tunes.
- ST: First Contact - I love seeing the flight of the Pheonix, and what it represented.
- LOTR trilogy: Decent story, with excellent effects.
- Hoodwinked: Funny with weird humor, and multiple parallel storylines.
- Shawshank Redemption: Good story.
- Wallace and Gromit - Curse of the Wererabbit: Amusing story, with a vegetarian villain. How many movies are that nonviolent, yet still amusing? And the theme music rules.
- Manos: Hands of Fate - it allowed for the existence of one of the greatest MST3K episodes ever.

I have also never seen The Godfather, or any of the Rocky movies.

I have to admit, Little Shop of Horrors is one of my guilty pleasures. I've got it permanently saved in HD on my DVR.

But still, you haven't watched The Godfather? What the hell is wrong with you people?

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Taxi Driver is my personal favorite. I tried watching the top 250 once -- I don't know if it's a good idea. You should at least look at the movies and just get the ones that look like you might potentially be interested in them.

EDIT: Oops, misread the OP.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
I finally saw Godfather I and II last summer. I haven't seen Godfather III and although everyone seems to want to forget about it, I don't know if I can resist.