great place to buy/compare Android set top box specs?

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
I bought a couple of basic M8S Android set to boxes almost a year ago. I'm still playing with mine, but my friend's died after a storm went through. I'd like to use this as an excuse to upgrade mine & get a new one for him.

2 things I didn't like about this model:
1) it never seemed to get any updates
2) every couple days, it would seem to forget the time, and then netflix wouldn't work. Network issue?

I'm looking for:
A) either SD card support or 3+ usb ports so we can use the large SD cards we just bought with a reader
B) bluetooth
C) Android 6 or 7 (we were using 4.xx)
D) 2-3 GB RAM
E) 16GB storage

I have yet to find a place where you can enter the specs you are looking for and narrow down the list of possibilities. I did find a box with 3gb ram, bluetooth 4.1 and 32gb storage for $66, but unfortunately it only had 2 USB ports and only micro sd support, which is not enough for what I want.

Can any of you please suggest a box that might meet my needs or perhaps a website where I might be able to do a better search? I've searched on and off for over 3 hours and come up slightly short so far.

Thanks!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Why do you need more than 2gb of ram if you are just playing media? Also, why do you need bigger sd? Network share solves that problem. Or stick a usb HDD on it.

I have a beelink gt1 which is analogic s912 based. Seems ok. I use a BT kb/touchpad with it.