Great job UPS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Dansville... lol. There ain't a god damn thing in Dansville! Is 390 still rough as hell through there or have they fixed it yet?

they repaved it like 5 years ago, finally fixed the part between wayland and avoca last year

still sucks north of geneseo

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
they repaved it like 5 years ago, finally fixed the part between wayland and avoca last year

still sucks north of geneseo

Tell me about it. Last time I drove it half of it was closed for about 20 miles or so, and it STILL felt like I was riding a horse at a full gallop.

goobernoodles

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2005
WHERE IS MY CHINESE JEROME BETTIS JERSEY?!

Bullet Arrival at Unit, January 27, 2011, 6:22 am, SEATTLE, WA 98188
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, January 26, 2011, 3:21 pm, SEATTLE, WA 98168
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, January 23, 2011, 3:18 pm, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
Bullet Foreign International Dispatch, January 16, 2011, 1:45 pm, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
Bullet Foreign Acceptance, January 15, 2011, 8:04 pm, HONG KONG

Hopefully arrival at unit means delivered.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Now that the NFL regular season is over, there are plenty of NFL kickers and punters looking for work. Maybe your package will get there on time.

God Mode

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2005
The funny ones are 'delayed due to ground movement' or 'train derailment' something.

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
Dealing w/ an unusually slow UPS also here. Using Amazon Prime I was supposed to get it in 2 days, it's now 4 days and got this message on the tracking:
01/27/2011 9:12 A.M. Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.
Hmm, my wife was able to get to work at that time and found the roads quite easy to drive on, the snow ended around 5am.

amicold

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2005
Dealing w/ an unusually slow UPS also here. Using Amazon Prime I was supposed to get it in 2 days, it's now 4 days and got this message on the tracking:
01/27/2011 9:12 A.M. Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.
Hmm, my wife was able to get to work at that time and found the roads quite easy to drive on, the snow ended around 5am.

I work for UPS Emergency Conditions can be anything from inclement weather to stupid things like temporary road closures due to accidents etc. Recently a rather high level manager was removed from his job for instructing hubs under his control to order drivers back to their buildings and scan missed stops as EC. Be mindful of the fact that most of these drivers work ten plus hour days regularly and don't always have the ability to make a second attempt the same day.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
shit came today

i selected 3 day shipping not 10 day shipping

i think i could have walked here from NJ faster

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Reminds me of people ordering Envy 14's when they first went for sale, or 15's during a huge discount (can't remember which). Fed Ex shipping, which is normally pretty good...

They're assembled in China, then shipped to Alaska to go through customs. For those of us on the East coast, when they're released from customs, they go straight across the country, taking a few stops along the way. However, for some of the people on the West coast, they would go down from Alaska, over to Texas, bounce over to Tennessee (I think), and finally head back West. The final East-bound step before heading back West was at one of Fed Ex's biggest distribution centers, but still, it was really wonky.

Yeah, FedEx ships everything west of the Mississip through Tennessee. At an old job we used to overnight lots of time-sensitive documents through FedEx. We had too many instances where a package going from Nevada to Idaho or Nevada to California would get on a plane in Reno at 5:00pm, get to Nashville at 1:00 am and get stuck due to weather in Oklahoma. The FedEx rep told us that everything west coast goes through Tennessee. It cost the company a few million dollars and we switched to UPS, who has a west coast distro center.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
shit came today

i selected 3 day shipping not 10 day shipping

i think i could have walked here from NJ faster

did you call the Egg? They will normally refund the shipping for things like this.

I'd personally ask for a gift cert. They hand those out like candy and they come in handy!