GRE Suggestions

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I never coded with GRE myself, but Firefox uses it, so it's a pretty well established platform. I suppose you can find some kind of online training if you want to learn it. In person is always better as you can ask questions and stuff, but nice thing about online is you can copy and paste stuff at your own leisure to get some reference for future use. Or in some cases download the entire course materials. Having good solid reference to go on is sometimes more valuable than the training itself.

We're talking about the Gecko Rendering Engine right?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If one isn't serious enough about one's undergrad classes to already know the material covered in the GREs, maybe graduate study isn't something to be pursued.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
neither. Just check out the various Princeton review books or Kaplan at your local library for free, take free online practice tests, and you are golden.

The general GRE is so retardedly simple that paying anyone to "coach" you for it should be classified as classic grifting.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
When I read the tiltle I thought it was about the protocol. So I guess that means I never been to Grad school.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I never coded with GRE myself, but Firefox uses it, so it's a pretty well established platform. I suppose you can find some kind of online training if you want to learn it. In person is always better as you can ask questions and stuff, but nice thing about online is you can copy and paste stuff at your own leisure to get some reference for future use. Or in some cases download the entire course materials. Having good solid reference to go on is sometimes more valuable than the training itself.

We're talking about the Gecko Rendering Engine right?
Graduate Record Examination
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graduate_Record_Examinations

lol

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Risky clicked because URL said stripbooks. Saw no strippers. :confused2:

Hahaha, don't know why stripbook will come out. Did not enter that word when using Amazon's search.

What I entered was only "gre prep 2016".

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
The general test is pretty easy - if you can't do well on it you're not ready for graduate school. I can say that the mathematics subject test is mostly about recognizing tricks to get through the questions quickly, which I suppose is pretty appropriate for becoming a mathematician. There should be samples online. Here's one for the math test:

https://www.ets.org/s/gre/pdf/practice_book_math.pdf