graphics card help

goldenhalo

Aug 23, 2008
dont have enough power cords inside my PC to connect to my 9800 GTX+ and i know its vital to plug this thing in so it doesnt overheat and fry itself and the motherboard i already know the powersupply has enough watts to power this so i need to know what kind of power supply splitter i would need to buy in order to plug this in. and can i put a splitter onto a splitter and onto a splitter if i nessesarly need the plugs

heres the card to get an idea http://www.newegg.com/Product/...?Item=N82E16814130376

if you could tell me which power supply splitter i would need from the new egg site that would awsome.

thanks,
goldenhalo

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
How about you tell us what power supply you have....that is more important than knowing the exact card. We need to know what type of power connectors your PSU has.

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
Your PSU is not sufficient to run your computer.

1) I question it's quality
2) It doesn't have enough connectors

It only has 4 Molex connectors and no SATA connectors. The 9800GTX+ requires 2 6pin PCI-E connectors. A molex to 6pin PCI-E adapter requires the use of 2 molex connectors, thus yoru card would require 4 molex connectors to power it. How would you power your hard drive and your optical drive after that.

Suffice to say, you need a new and higher quality power supply.

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
It would be ok, but only has a single 6pin PCI-E connector, your card requires 2. It would be kind of silly to buy a brand new PSU that doesn't have the ideal connectors you need. You are buying a $200 graphics card, how can you afford that, but not a PSU that compliments it?

You would be better off buying this Antec Earthwatts 500W $55 shipped

ahaha, now you have edited your post to the StealthXstream 600W instead of the 500W

Yes that would be sufficient.

goldenhalo

Aug 23, 2008
alright thanks HOOfan 1 for helping me with this im very greatful =D im gunna go with the OCZ because it has 600w and that would be enough to run my comp since im running off this crappy PSU atm