Gran Turismo 6 coming out this fall, allegedly

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ghost recon88

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2005
Does the split-screen multiplayer allow for other AI cars? Or is it still limited to just the two human drivers? That's one thing that really pissed me off about GT5.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
BUMP!

Read the dates before you reply. Check to see if that person has been banned or just stopped posting here.

I finally grabbed a cheap PS3 from Amazon. Downloaded the game and updated it. Liking it in general, even more so after I got a decent controller.

Having an issue.
The Seasonal Events can be very tough. To help me beat some of them I check the online replay (which is SO helpful I cannot begin to describe my enthusiasm) and while it can be good to know what car someone used and how they ran the track, its not good for telling me how they configured their car.

As an example theres a timed mission on that desert race track and its quite difficult. the top 100 players who beat it and have their records online ALL used the same car, a Suzuki RSX, which is like a secret weapon or something cuz the thing kicks ass no matter what.
My confusion is the PP value for the race is actually set quite low, yet when I watch the replays or run against the Ghost, I notice the cars are blazingly fast. I cannot figure out how to make my car anywhere near as fast and keep it in the PP limit. Are they super charging all the engine parts and then adding loads of ballast? Are they reducing engine power to 50 percent? What kind of transmission, drivetrain, and suspension settings are they using?
Without this info I am struggling. I doubt they are cheating because all of the seasonal events are recorded online and Sony has really clamped down on the cheating.