Grammy speech

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
Did anyone just hear that crap?

"We had 3 college age kids download as much music as they could in three days"

"They downloaded 6000 songs"

"Multiply that by the millions of students downloading and you begin to see the magnitude of the problem"

Yes, there were many poor, starving musicians at the Grammys tonight...

I am not saying that filesharing mp3's is right or wrong, but there wasn't a single group/artist that has been hurt in any way, shape, or form by their songs being available on filesharing programs....

The way that Napster was set up was wrong....storing the files on 'central' servers wasn't the right way to go.....but with true file-sharing programs like Morpheus, is there really any way this will ever end? They can make new CD's that supposedly can't be 'ripped', but all that will do is strengthen the resolve of people with the abilities to crack these things.....

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000

<< The way that Napster was set up was wrong....storing the files on 'central' servers wasn't the right way to go.....but with true file-sharing programs like Morpheus, is there really any way this will ever end? They can make new CD's that supposedly can't be 'ripped', but all that will do is strengthen the resolve of people with the abilities to crack these things..... >>

Napster never had any mp3s on their servers.

Jun 18, 2000
The RIAA's only hope right now is legislation to outlaw these peer-to-peer file sharing apps. Unfortunately this isn't feasible as it'll inhibit the ability to send pictures, freeware, and other misc files. The RIAA is SOL.

If the rumours of the RIAA reducing the price of CD's is true, then this is definitely a great first step.

Edit: And yea, what everybody else said. :)

HOWITIS

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2001
we should start a poll on how many times this will be posted tonight.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
boy, I am so sorry I didn't check to make sure that the "WTF?" thread was about the grammy's..

I forgot that it is ATOT law to read each and every post to make sure that any new posts don't contain any of the same material, because it would be a shame to waste the time of people who do nothing all night other than read each and every post on ATOT.

To everyone who has nothing better to do than to post "Repost", or "lets take a poll on how many times this will be posted", you can all kiss my 4ss.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000

<< boy, I am so sorry I didn't check to make sure that the "WTF?" thread was about the grammy's..

I forgot that it is ATOT law to read each and every post to make sure that any new posts don't contain any of the same material, because it would be a shame to waste the time of people who do nothing all night other than read each and every post on ATOT.

To everyone who has nothing better to do than to post "Repost", or "lets take a poll on how many times this will be posted", you can all kiss my 4ss.
>>

Actually, there were a bunch of other ones with very clear titles.

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001

<< that speach made just me feel inadequate... but has inspired me to d/l more mp3's. >>

Dang, you know... you're right... time to download some more crappy @$$ nSUCK and Puke MP3s... and not listen to them. Ahh... much better.

the RIAA is suck!!!:disgust:

HOWITIS

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2001

<< To everyone who has nothing better to do than to post "Repost", or "lets take a poll on how many times this will be posted", you can all kiss my 4ss. >>

i was joking you dick head. quit being an ass

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
"actually, there were a bunch of other threads with clear titles"

Let me repeat, sorry I didn't read all the threads posted within the last hour before starting a new one..

Oh, and HOWITIS, that was very funny, sorry I didn't get it....

Soulflare

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000

<< hmmmm....

A golden member who isn't aware of the search feature?

*shrug*
>>

My god, that's never occured before! :Q :p

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<< Yes, there were many poor, starving musicians at the Grammys tonight...

I am not saying that filesharing mp3's is right or wrong, but there wasn't a single group/artist that has been hurt in any way, shape, or form by their songs being available on filesharing programs....
>>

You're thinking at the extremes...not the margins.

Of course some people are getting hurt...