Discussion GPUs should be reviewed on an AMD 3900X AND intel 9900K system

Dec 6, 2018
There are too many competitive variables at play that you cannot really say anymore THAT is the best platform for a GPU test.
So I would like to see GPU reviews on two systems 3900X and 9900K

Certainly when intel joins the GPU party.

Apr 13, 2005
I'm surprised that this didn't get more attention, so I'm throwing my hat in here :)

I agree with the OP on this. In the Bulldozer era, this obviously wasn't a concern, but with threads like this one cropping up and showing potential differences in GPU performance between platforms, we should at least investigate to ensure that GPUs are actually platform agnostic, rather than assuming such.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
I've wanted this for a while, but now it's even more relevant and I wholeheartedly agree. I can imagine the work load increase for benching being annoying on new release reviews though. Of course, that's entirely up to the review site to properly manage.

Shmee

Memory and Storage, Graphics Cards
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Time permitting, this sounds like a good idea to me.

Guru

May 5, 2017
It would be great, but it is time consuming. I'd rather review sites actually focus on retesting GPU's and CPU's when doing a new review, so they have updated numbers, rather than using 3-4 months old numbers, while we have new game versions, new drivers and even new windows, where they performance might be completely different.