GPU placement in smaller case...

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Where would you put an ASUS TUF 1660 Ti in this case? If I put in in the slot closest to the CPU, I can put two more fans on the bottom of the case and 2 in top. If I put in the other slot, I cant put any fans in the bottom...

1660 Ti placement.JPG

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Put it in the slot closest to the CPU.

Many MBs (not sure about yours) will take PCI-E lanes from the second x16 slot if you add an NVMe drive or some additional SATA drives. Won't cause much performance degradation but its just the principal of the thing.

Heat really shouldn't cause much of a problem (my 980TI is right next to my OC'ed 6600K and it still boosts to and holds 1500mhz on its own).

If you can get a fan blowing air from the side of the case onto the GPU + CPU with some solid venting you can even keep the fan speeds down.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Put it in the slot closest to the CPU.

Many MBs (not sure about yours) will take PCI-E lanes from the second x16 slot if you add an NVMe drive or some additional SATA drives. Won't cause much performance degradation but its just the principal of the thing.

Heat really shouldn't cause much of a problem (my 980TI is right next to my OC'ed 6600K and it still boosts to and holds 1500mhz on its own).

If you can get a fan blowing air from the side of the case onto the GPU + CPU with some solid venting you can even keep the fan speeds down.

Thanks man, I appreciate your response...