Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util.

mrkip23

Jul 5, 2016
Hello. I have Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme. After upgrade to Windows Anniversary i have weird problem with fps spikes in GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider.
In GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider i am getting random fps dips for a second. During fps dip there is core clock drop for example from 1975mhz to 291mhz. During this moment there is GPU LOAD,Core clock and voltage drop.GPUZ shows as reason UTIL.
Here is screen from Rise of Tomb Raider:

ttt_1.jpg

In previous Windows version ( 1511 ) i dont had that problem.

My pc:
6700K stock no OC
Corsair 750 RM
16gb ram

Is this something with my hardware?

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
In another thread someone posted a link that lead to another link, which might be tied to your issue:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/how-to-turn-off-gamedvr-windows-10

Unfortunately that site is blocked at work so I can't get you the reddit link inside the article. But basically seems MSFT screwed up and is having issues with their GameDVR software with "MSFT certified" games. And with Windows Anniversary it seems to default to on or some non-sense.

I had very similar issues with WoW randomly locking to 15 FPS. I did the steps offered by the MSFT Engineer in the reddit link, but it still randomly happens. Will be taking the steps to completely disable MSFT Game App through registry this weekend.

mrkip23

Jul 5, 2016
Its not normal i think. I dont know if it is related to hardware or software.
Clock during gaming is 1985mhz no matter what. But sometimes it drop to 291mhz for a second and turns back to 1985mhz again. It happens very rarely. Once every 5 hours. I noted this in Rise of Tomb Raider and GTA V.

Screen:

Here is screen from GPUZ during that spike:( i added black arrows and you can clearly see UTIL reason as core drop from 1975mhz to 291mhz for just one second during stutter )

:

ttt_1.jpg

Creating duplicate threads is not allowed.
Markfw900

Last edited by a moderator: