Government To Invade Medical Records In 2014

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I don't want the government involved in my health care in the manner that they legislated. That's the bottom line. We could banter back and forth all evening. Instead I got right down to the core of it right off.

The government has a track record of fucking up nearly everything they touch. It's because they are experts at running for office. That is all. Beyond that, their scope is extremely limited. They think a law is the answer to everything.

If you think Obamacare is the answer, more power to you. I know that it will be another utter failure and one that has the very real potential of pushing us over the financial brink. I have only to look at their track record for confirmation.

It's a start. We need to stop this nonsense. Corporations don't have a gleaming reputation as to not fucking things up. It really breaks down like this

neocons -> trust corporations, dont trust government :eek:

liberals -> trust government. dont trust corporations o_O

corporations <----> government D:

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
It's a start. We need to stop this nonsense. Corporations don't have a gleaming reputation as to not fucking things up. It really breaks down like this

I don't generally trust either, but it doesn't take a revolution to get rid of a corporation.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I don't generally trust either, but it doesn't take a revolution to get rid of a corporation.

you can't get rid of corporations. They have the same rights as people but they are immortal and operate with a singular focus on money with no need for sleep. :eek:

who do you fear again?

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
you can't get rid of corporations. They have the same rights as people but they are immortal and operate with a singular focus on money with no need for sleep. :eek:

who do you fear again?

i don't fear anyone and yes a corporation is easier to get rid of than a government.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
hmm interesting. this is a bad start and can get nasty. but this is what people wanted.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Who will and won't take federal by 2014? Nobody seems to know. It's now demonstrable that many of us won't be able to keep our old plans even if we want to, so being trigger happy on concerns of other changes is not unreasonable.

But isn't it unavoidable that it's going to be uncertain when neither party can come to a consensus on what is and isn't acceptable health reform? I think that's just the way these two parties are.

Agree.

So the Dr doesn't accept either and the elderly/poor get to pay the full rate. I'm sure neither one of these groups care as long as they get care/$$ so they'll go with the program. What matters is what the government might do with the information.

"Mr Jones, your bmi is 35 so we"re cutting off your medicare. Lose some weight, fat a**."

I definitely agree it isn't "ideal" whenever the gov't handles a lot of personal data. But I can tell you right now that I'm also under no illusion that the gov't handles, at the very least, more data than Americans would really want them to have access to, and at this very moment not some distant scary Obamacare-induced future. The NSA, CIA, and to a certain extent maybe the FBI handle more personal data than a lot of people probably realize.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I have been overweight per BMI for years even when bodyfat is low due to muscle but let's be realistic: BMI is very reasonable for MOST people. It never pretended to be ideal but in most people's cases it is. The majority of people I know do little or no meaningful exercise--certainly not enough to put on substantial amounts of muscle, so for them barring any strange heavy bones or whatever BMI does work.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000

You bet. We are royally fucked. The only hope I can see at this juncture is to buy time by restoring gridlock in DC. After that? I have no answers. None that are legal or perhaps even feasible.

Both parties are capable of inflicting extreme damage on the country, the economy, the people, etc. But the deck is stacked in their favor. They are two sides of the same coin. Both major political parties need to be unseated.

The question is how to accomplish that. They make the rules.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
It's nice to occasionally pop into P&N and see how much you all fail at life. :D