Govermnent Effeciency

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Once upon a time,the government had a vast scrap yard in the middle of the nevada desert. Congress said someone might steal from it at night,so they created a night watchman position(GS-4) and hired a person for the job.

Then congress said "How does the watchman do his job without instruction?" So they created a planning position and hired two people; one person to write instructions(GS-12) and one person to do time studies(GS-11).

Then Congress said,"How will we know the night watchman is doing the tasks correctly?" So they created a Q.C. position and hired two people,one GS-9 to do studies and one GS-11 to write the reports.

Then Congress said "How are these people going to get paid?" So they created the following positions, a Time keeper(GS-9) and a payroll officer(GS-11). Then they hired two people.

Then Congress said "Who will be accountable for all these people?" So they created an administrative position and hired three people, an Admin. officer(GS-13),an assistant Admin. officer(GS-13) and a legal secretary(GS-08).

Then Congress said "We have had this command in operation for one year and we are $18,000 over budget. We must cut back overall cost", so they laid off the night watchman.

I never take politics as serious as some may think. You just have to get to know me better.;););)

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
TRIPLE SHOT

dude i love your threads cause there is nothing like a good argument to get the blood flowing.

that is a prime example of american tax dollars at work....I wonder if the U.S. goverment ever audited it self....

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
hammers---Used to be $800.

In all fairness,audits where done and streamlining went into effect. The Republicans are now complaining it may have gone too far. (I might agree.I need more info)

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
isn't all that "streamlining" what got the US armed force into the state of unreadiness that there in now?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Streamlining?

Is that what you call it when the department of education can't account for 700 million dollars?

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I never take politics as serious as some may think. You just have to get to know me better

Apology accepted!;)

,,the story did not end there...

After a cutback, the remainder no doubt formed a Union.:disgust:

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
haha, the first thing came through my mind after reading Goverment Effeciency was that
Lengthy "Oxymoron" Thread