Gotta E6400...temps seem a little high, need advise on new hs/f.

DigitalCancer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
Ok, here lately my E6400 is idle around 45-47 stock speeds mind you. This is w/ the stock heatsink, not sure what the rpm of fan is currently. I have decided to buy a new hs/f and x2 120mm fans. I want quiet ones though, not the jet engines i've had in the past. ^_^

Heres the 2 i was thinking of going with...

Freezer 7

Zalman

Scythe

Please direct me in a good direction if these aren't one. ^_^ I'm looking around the $60 range, don't really want to go higher. Would actually like to have an all copper one. But as i said, noise is an issue w/ me.

Any suggestions on which way i should go w/ the 120MM?? I've found some normal Zalman fans that seem to be quiet...i don't need any lights or any crap like that, just good quality.

Zalman 120MM

120MM Scythe

ALSO, want to mention my setup is a FoxConn 975X7AB in a ThermalTake Swing. Thinking on the Ninja, but want to make sure it'll fit...

khurios2000

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2003
Scythe Ninja>Zalman 9500>Freezer 7

Lowest Price for Ninja $38 plus shipping, that i found

Gambit808

Aug 9, 2005
i say go with the jet engines!!!! they are loud and i love loud stuff!!!!!! : )

bump ya head

DigitalCancer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
where you do your shopping? I'm mainly going by newegg pricing, i WISH i could find it locally, alas all i have is a Fry's which will be higher than newegg i'm sure so i might as well order online somewhere.

DigitalCancer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
cool cool. $1 cheaper than at Newegg. ^_^

any idea how this monstrosity would fit on my FoxConn 975X7AB?

KeypoX

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2003
Originally posted by: DigitalCancer
where you do your shopping? I'm mainly going by newegg pricing, i WISH i could find it locally, alas all i have is a Fry's which will be higher than newegg i'm sure so i might as well order online somewhere.

yeah stop shopping at newegg they generally not the best deal and they have one of the worst return policies i have ever seen

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
OP: Are you measuring your temps with the utility that came with the motherboard, or with Intel TAT/CoreTemp?

The latter two programs measure the actual CPU INTERNAL temperature. Any utility that comes w/the motherboard measures the CPU socket temp.

45C as measured by the MB utility is really about 59C internal temp.

How is airflow thru the case? Are you moving plenty of air thru it from front to back?

DigitalCancer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
Actually, was using 'Fox One' that comes w/ my FoxConn board. Its some faulty software though i do belive as it reads my temps around 28-30ish, whereas the bios reads around 26, and CoreTemp reads about 44-45. So i'm getting different temps all the way around.

I had a 120MM in the back and an 80MM side fan, plus the fan in the bottom of my psu. I'm actually about to buy 2 new 120MM's as well, going to get either Zalman or Scythe fans, one for the front (blowing to the back) and then one in the back (blowing out) My side fan will be blowing out, is that alright? Its in a ThermalTake Swing case, fairly decent room wise.

I'm going to try and order my new fans/hs tonight. Guess i'm going for the Scythe Ninja...good choice? Looked at the Asus Silent Square today at Fry's but i don't think it'll compare to the Ninja, plus its $60 at Fry's and i can pickup the ninja for about $45. Thanks again guys.